PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
suggestions for photo organizer / slideshow / album maker

I'm looking for suggestions for an app to do the following. I haven't gotten the two photo apps which are natively on this phone to do this - if someone knows how, please let me know also!

I have a bunch of JPG photos in one folder. I want to sort them into several different "albums" (ideally, this would be done by seeing thumbnails of all and holding down on each one to indicate which album to add it to). Then, the albums could be scanned through by choosing them from the app, AND, each album can be assigned as a self-contained object so that I can put a link to it on the today screen, to click once and get the whole album as a slideshow.

The problems I'm having with the two apps already on the phone are that
1) I can't add a link to a specific album that would just launch into a slideshow
2) They want me to pick out folders of images, which means hunting through the file system, plus they find folders of Windows icons/avatars, and other irrelevant stuff.

thanks,

Mike
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: suggestions for photo organizer / slideshow / album maker

As far as organizing (initially) I would suggest moving all files to your PC and organizing it there, creating folders as needed then once you're set move it back to the phone then see if you can set your slideshows up. Once your initial organizing is done it will be easier probably to move pictures into the appropriate folders as you download/take new pics.

You could also take a peek at Resco Photo Viewer. They have a new beta (up to version 5 now) that looks promising. I had the earlier beta versions on my Omnia and liked it. Check out their forums here: http://www.resco.net/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=27422
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio