PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   how to make camera take photo immediately? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93065)

mlevin77 10-28-2009 05:45 AM

how to make camera take photo immediately?

On the built-in camera app, what do I press to make it take a photo immediately? I can hit the "focus" button on the screen and it goes tries to re-focus and eventually takes a photo, but this can take several seconds and if my subject moves, it's too late. What do I press to take a photo immediately?

Mike

Humpa 10-28-2009 03:10 PM

Re: how to make camera take photo immediately?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 1271453)
What do I press to take a photo immediately?

Mike

the button on your Nikon point and shoot ;)

I saw a regedit to change something to speed this up, but it wasnt significant as I recall. So I didnt save the link nor do i remember if that was here or at HoFo.

Veritech_910 10-28-2009 05:01 PM

I haven't reinstalled it again since I did a reset on my phone last weekend but I remember a setting in Advanced Config that tweaked something with camera speed. You can grab the install from here: http://www.touchxperience.com/en/adv...downloads.html

Not saying the tweak will work or not but I remember seeing it! :D

mlevin77 10-29-2009 07:38 AM

Anyone know of another (3rd-party) app to control the camera? I just need something simple to snap a photo when I hit a button. I find the native camera software on this phone to be really non-intuitive and take too long to actually take the photo.

canecbr600 10-29-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 1274456)
Anyone know of another (3rd-party) app to control the camera? I just need something simple to snap a photo when I hit a button. I find the native camera software on this phone to be really non-intuitive and take too long to actually take the photo.

So, u don't want it to take a couple of seconds to auto focus, and would rather it take a pic faster, even though it will be a poorer quality picture?

mlevin77 10-29-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canecbr600 (Post 1274670)
So, u don't want it to take a couple of seconds to auto focus, and would rather it take a pic faster, even though it will be a poorer quality picture?

I like the *option* of auto-focus, in case I'm shooting an inanimate object. But I'd also like the option of just taking the darn picture when I press the button! On my old HTC XV6700, there was no autofocus, and while the resolution was not good, it would take a photo when I wanted it, which meant I didn't miss stuff happening, and things weren't blurry - whatever focus it was set at by default, was fine for most things.

Mike

rolandroland 10-29-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 1274698)
I like the *option* of auto-focus, in case I'm shooting an inanimate object. But I'd also like the option of just taking the darn picture when I press the button! On my old HTC XV6700, there was no autofocus, and while the resolution was not good, it would take a photo when I wanted it, which meant I didn't miss stuff happening, and things weren't blurry - whatever focus it was set at by default, was fine for most things.

Mike

Yeah, the pictures are great on the camera, when things aren't moving much or at all. Just the way it is, hopefully the next gen of HTC phones will be better.

jacko1 10-29-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humpa (Post 1272474)
the button on your Nikon point and shoot ;)

I saw a regedit to change something to speed this up, but it wasnt significant as I recall. So I didnt save the link nor do i remember if that was here or at HoFo.

lol nice

SuperDave369 10-29-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 1274698)
I like the *option* of auto-focus, in case I'm shooting an inanimate object. But I'd also like the option of just taking the darn picture when I press the button!

Mike

Have you considered using the camera modes Sport or Burst? I believe that burst will allow you to take multiple rapid-fire pictures as long as you keep the button pressed (or screen touched) and burst will take five or six rapid-fire pictures with one press of the button. This will absolutely not speed up the focus but it will allow you to click the button earlier and you won't miss your action shot.

The Imagio and, I believe, the TP2 both come with these modes disabled, I found a CAB file on here somewhere that enables those modes. The CAB you want is called Enable All Camera Modes.CAB, if you can't find it let me know and I'll upload it here.

Good luck to you!

Dave

RKnight 10-30-2009 01:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the CAB to enable the "Disable by Default" Camera Functions.