PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Anyone experiencing dropped calls? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92938)

magnumz32 10-27-2009 02:42 PM

Anyone experiencing dropped calls?

I am on my second Imagio after only two weeks after the first one dropped at least a call a day. With one day it dropping over seven. Verizon says no outages or reports of problems with coverage and everyone i talk to has verizon and has no issues with dropping calls. New one isn't as bad as the old one but i am still getting a call dropping a day.

I had a 6800 before this and i got maybe a dropped call every few months at most. This is getting frustrating now, might just go back to the 6800.

fwaits 10-27-2009 03:40 PM

Re: Anyone experiencing dropped calls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnumz32 (Post 1269600)
I am on my second Imagio after only two weeks after the first one dropped at least a call a day. With one day it dropping over seven. Verizon says no outages or reports of problems with coverage and everyone i talk to has verizon and has no issues with dropping calls. New one isn't as bad as the old one but i am still getting a call dropping a day.

I had a 6800 before this and i got maybe a dropped call every few months at most. This is getting frustrating now, might just go back to the 6800.

Can't say I have more than 1 or 2 times and I know I was in a very weak area (No bars) at the time so it wasn't surprising. Otherwise never if I have 1+ bars.

jskoland 10-27-2009 04:11 PM

I too am on my second Imagio and I get dropped calls all the time or the error that I cannot place a call at this time. Now what is starting to pop up is error code: 11 PPP Connection Data Failure. I personally don't think it is the phone but the network. I just happen to be in an area where Verizon has took over alltel and I believe or hope that it can only get better. I am still in my 30 days so if it does not verizon is getting their phones back.

magnumz32 10-27-2009 04:50 PM

i drop calls with a full 5 bars, its not like there is bad service. And i live on long island, ny. Its pretty much verizon home turf here, never had problems before with any phone i have owned with them.

shaunakadub 10-27-2009 05:06 PM

I haven't had a dropped call yet since the day it came out.

fwaits 10-27-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskoland (Post 1269876)
I too am on my second Imagio and I get dropped calls all the time or the error that I cannot place a call at this time. Now what is starting to pop up is error code: 11 PPP Connection Data Failure. I personally don't think it is the phone but the network. I just happen to be in an area where Verizon has took over alltel and I believe or hope that it can only get better. I am still in my 30 days so if it does not verizon is getting their phones back.

You may want to look into using a different PRL file (Tower info) so your phone looks for Verizon rather than Alltel towers and see if that helps. You can find other PRL files here:

http://www.corolada.com/prl/

You can see your current PRL by going to Settings tab -> All Settings -> System -> Device Info.

Veritech_910 10-27-2009 05:10 PM

Haven't had any problems with dropped calls either, just the ones I accidentally press the BT button and hang up while adjusting my earpiece :(

fwaits 10-27-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnumz32 (Post 1269971)
i drop calls with a full 5 bars, its not like there is bad service. And i live on long island, ny. Its pretty much verizon home turf here, never had problems before with any phone i have owned with them.

Sure it's not the other end? Just asking, I have no idea of course.

jskoland 10-27-2009 05:18 PM

Thanks for the PRL info. I have tried a Verizon only PRL, It works better with a Hybrid PRL but after I install the Hybrid for some reason it goes back to a Verizon PRL

fwaits 10-27-2009 05:20 PM

Ah ok. Well I would probably call Verizon and see if their support can help, sounds like a network issue like you mentioned.