PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Bluetooth Stereo Audio Not Started At Startup (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92932)

y0himba 10-27-2009 02:25 PM

Bluetooth Stereo Audio Not Started At Startup

I just got off the phone with HTC *support*. I listen to music on my phone a LOT. I have a BT8040 headset for when I am on the road, and on every other PPC I have had the BT stereo audio service runs at the start of the phone. I just hit play and poof, I have music.

Not so with the Imagio. According to HTC, the ROM is configured so that the hands free profile starts, but the stereo audio profile doesn't. You manually need to drill down through Start-->Settings-->All Settings, tap the bluetooth icon, hit the second tab, and tap Stereo Audio to start it up.

This just plain SUCKS.

When the PPC first starts, right before it loads TF3D, for a brief second I see the icon indicating the Stereo Audio profile has started, then it switches quickly back to the hands free profile icon.

Now then, using Memmaid, I see that the BTAGSVC (Bluetooth Audio Gateway) is there and set to automatic, and I also see that the dll referenced is on the Windows directory (btagsvc.dll). However, when trying to start the service it tells me that the system cannot find the file specified. I am sure it is something that HTC has placed to prevent it.

A search for "btagsvc" brings up hklm\services\BTAGSVC and a few hklm\software\microsoft\bluetooth\services entires that are numbered with big long stings that my old hands can't type due to the cold.

Here are my questions:

When I tap "Stereo Audio" in the location above, what does it do? Start an EXE and execute a command line? Can a shortcut be made to that command line or whatever and put in startup? Can the service be added to startup by getting around how ever HTC has prevented it from starting? A registry edit?

Can we find what HTC has done to prevent it from starting and running?

Any help is appreciated, I have hit the limit of my knowlege.

fwaits 10-27-2009 05:14 PM

Re: Bluetooth Stereo Audio Not Started At Startup

Try here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530932

Not sure if this is exactly your issue, but it seems like it may be what you're looking for.

y0himba 10-27-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwaits (Post 1270054)
Try here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530932

Not sure if this is exactly your issue, but it seems like it may be what you're looking for.

Thanks for the link, it looked promising. However, there is something that runs at startup that kills the A2DP service. I wonder if I could delay the startup, maybe start it after TF3D starts...

I think it is a file called BTTrayCE.exe If I remove that from startup then Bluetooth doesn't start at all.

All the registry entries are there for the BTAGSVC (bluetooth audio gateway service) as are the files, but when I try to start the service manually, it tells me the file cannot be found, even though it is in the windows directory.

If I could figure out what happens when I tap "Stereo Audio" in the bluetooth manager, then I could create a shortcut to it in startup.

Nicaragüense 10-27-2009 09:11 PM

Maybe you could get a mortscript made to do that for you on startup. Although I guess if you could find the file you might have fixed the issue already, but maybe one of the seasoned mortscropt guys might have an idea or know how to get into that setting.

Getitnowmarketing 10-29-2009 11:28 AM

Imagio
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BTAG]
 "Dll"="BTRilProxyOEM.dll"
 "Index"=dword:00000000
 "Order"=dword:00000099
 "Prefix"="BAG"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway]
  "BTAGExtModule"="BTRilProxyOEM.dll"

It appears that BTRilProxyOEM.dll controls the audio gateway on Imagio. I don't have a stereo BT device to turn the gateway on to test.

TouchPro1
Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway]
    "BTAGExtModule"="OEMAGW.dll"
    "ConnectHFOnCall"=dword:00000001
    "Capability"=dword:67      ;To disable voice command, enable EC/NR       
    "ConnectHFOnCall"=dword:1  ;HF auto-recover when MT/MO call

y0himba 10-29-2009 11:31 AM

So I can back that key up then remove it, soft reset and poof? I think that will disable Bluetooth completely since it is a dependency? Thanks for your help by the way. :)

Edit: Turns out that key cannot be deleted. can it be debugged down frmm here and get rid of all the dependencies to allow it to run? Normally it kicks in when you start playing music, in this case it will not, it needs to be started manually. I want to return it to the WinMo 6.1 behavior of starting the Stereo Audio profile when I start playing music.

fwaits 10-29-2009 04:29 PM

If you rename the key that would render it useless as well.