PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC imagio
Carrier: Verizon

canecbr600 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Motorola Droid????????????????????

First, I have to say, I love my Imagio. It is by far the BEST Winmo device I have owned (and I have owned ALOT) This Droid looks very nice! I love the docking cradles (bedside, and car) The car one gives you an interface like a garmin/tom tom for navigation. It comes with Google 3dmaps (or something)voice turn by turn directions, and is free! No 9.99 a month for VZ nav. I may look at it on the 6th when it comes out. Below is a very good review, and video. WHat do you guys think?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/28/m...irst-hands-on/
Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO

DesertFox is a n00b
Re: Motorola Droid????????????????????

I have to say im switching my Imagio for it as soon as it comes out. The imagio is a great phone, winmo 6.5 suxs *** though.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

I agree Im going Droid..Winmo 6.5 sucks and the Imagio is a fing resource pig..Great phone otherwise.. So My 30days is up Nov 8th, The Droid comes out Nov 6th. If I send my Imagio back on the 2nd, used a temp phone am I good to get the Droid? Or do I just get the droid on the 6th and send back the imagio on the 7th? I cannot get a straight answer from Verizon, each service rep has a diff answer.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor

Well, looks pretty nice yes but - a device with a keyboard is not oing ot for me - don't need the added bulk factor.

Plus - you know - it's funny I think... everyone says how WM sucks etc (yeah it has issues allright) but everyone seems to be assuming that Droid will do it all perfect? Hmmm.

Last edited by bigboy292000; 10-28-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid, Imagio

kbnguy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy292000 View Post
Well, looks pretty nice yes but - a device with a keyboard is not oing ot for me - don't need the added bulk factor.

Plus - you know - it's funny I think... everyone says how WM sucks etc (yeah it has issues allright) but everyone seems to be assuming that Droid will do it all perfect? Hmmm.
For those who think the grass is greener...
I went from Touch pro to Sprint Hero and guess what? The Hero is going back to Bestbuy soon...
Android is a new OS not quite polish yet (MHO). Not a lot of useful apps out there. Bluetooth file transfer doesn't work unless rooted (not CDMA version yet). SMS problems, some time doesn't wake up as txt came in, missing calls - not ring at all.
OTOH, WinMo is like a pick up truck it's got the job done even though it's not a looker...HTC did a very good job putting lipstick on the pig tho
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:

Android has been out for a year or so now, its not brand new, and it has reviewed well. Also the motorola Droid is only slightlly thicker than the imagio. It is the thinnest keyboard slider made to this point.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnguy View Post
For those who think the grass is greener...
I went from Touch pro to Sprint Hero and guess what? The Hero is going back to Bestbuy soon...
Android is a new OS not quite polish yet (MHO). Not a lot of useful apps out there. Bluetooth file transfer doesn't work unless rooted (not CDMA version yet). SMS problems, some time doesn't wake up as txt came in, missing calls - not ring at all.
OTOH, WinMo is like a pick up truck it's got the job done even though it's not a looker...HTC did a very good job putting lipstick on the pig tho
Alot of that seems like hardware issues to me. I have yet to read a bad review of the Motorola Droid today......I'll check it out on the 6th, then decide!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

Boss428man is a n00b

The google maps thing is cool however remember you have Unlimited !5GB! data. Also i think i would miss the free wifi internet sharing and other WM apps. The phone also kinda looks like it should have came out of a droid from Star Wars 30 years ago very square and clunky looking for my tastes. No disrespect to Starwars or the droid phone just not my taste. The Imagio like every other phone out there is not perfect you just have to weight the pros and cons.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

puck7 is a n00b

Quote:

added bulk factor? according to phonearena.com, they are EXACTLY the same size and the droid is .36oz heavier.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO

DesertFox is a n00b

Anymore feedback on Android? I have yet to tinker with it, I just figure it'd be a lot smoother and usable from the factory than winmo 6.5 . I don't really have time to do a lot of tinkering and the google integrations makes it a very attractive phone to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio