PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
#777 error message

anyone know how to get rid of this showing up all the time.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work
Re: #777 error message

The short answer is to move to an area with better coverage. I get it when I'm at home because I'm in a marginal coverage area by a lake. When I leave my house I get it far less often. From what I understand it happens when the phone attempts to establish a data connection and fails. Mine usually does it once then connects immediately after. How many connection types do you have listed under Connections -> Connections -> Manage existing connections? Not sure it will help but if you're in the US exclusively when you use your phone then you can remove all of them except the Verizon Wireless #777.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have the #777 one, Auto pick, & VZW Embedded GSM.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work

I had those three too and the VZW tech walked me through removing VZW Embedded GSM and Auto Pick.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Do you need to remove those connections or simply change the phone to CDMA network only vs. World Mode in the Phone Network Options? I would think in CDMA mode it wouldn't use anything but the VZW (#777) connection.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I changed mine to CDMA from global and I still get the #777 message.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

What exactly is the error message?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

its a pop up that says #777 data is unavailable or something like that I believe, I click dismiss and it goes away.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

ddrum is a n00b

When I see this error it is when I just disconnected a phone call which makes me believe that one of the data services could not update, i.e. email retrieval while I was on the phone.

So it is basically saying I cannot connect to data right now which is correct because I was on the phone during this time.

The only other time I have seen it is when I power off the phone which only happens occasional which again leads me to believe the phone was trying to access data when I turned off data power via shutdown.

Just my two cents........
Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

once u put the device in gsm only mode before u can get a data connection after changing back the cdma or global(using cdma) u have to retype the username and password of ur device in the connectiion setting!!
Username:
yournumber@vzw3g.com

Password:
vzw

after this is inputed in u have to manually connect to the data!!
found here

for some reason after going to gsm then back to cdma ur connection setting for cdma are lost!! i am looking for a way or a fix so that try will 1. stay after switching back or 2. a program that will auto pull the info and apply the fix!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio