PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   HTC Imagio -vs- BB storm 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92753)

rp4643 10-26-2009 04:35 PM

HTC Imagio -vs- BB storm 2

Is there even a contest? I mean phone to phone what gives the most speed and better overall experience.

Yes its true the Imagio has a few quirks but is good out of the box.
What would a Storm 2 give me that the imago wouldn't?

I would like to hear input as to why I shouldn't return my Imagio for a BB storm 2.

bikeandestroyx 10-26-2009 04:56 PM

Re: HTC Imagio -vs- BB storm 2

a screen that clicks and a boring OS!

blazingwolf 10-26-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1266735)

Screen doesn't click on the new Storm but I agree with you about the OS.

bikeandestroyx 10-26-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 1266830)
Screen doesn't click on the new Storm but I agree with you about the OS.

It does still, but when the phone is off it doesnt, kinda weird how it works, i just watched a vid on it. BB says they dont want to get rid of surepress screens. Yepp got the first storm when it came out, it was fun for about 2 weeks, then i got bored cause there was nothing else to do, and came to WM in January!

Shemmy 10-26-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1266735)

The screen on the original Storm made for the best touch-screen entry I've used, including the soft keyboard on my Imagio. And that "boring" OS is quite stable. It may lack the tweakability of Windows Mobile, but the UI is easily skinned in a variety of attractive ways and it certainly doesn't require as many resources as WM.

blazingwolf 10-26-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1266838)
It does still, but when the phone is off it doesnt, kinda weird how it works, i just watched a vid on it. BB says they dont want to get rid of surepress screens. Yepp got the first storm when it came out, it was fun for about 2 weeks, then i got bored cause there was nothing else to do, and came to WM in January!

Hmm, it was my understanding that they removed that from this version. Guess I read wrong.

Still not something I would get over the Imagio though.

bikeandestroyx 10-26-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shemmy (Post 1266863)
The screen on the original Storm made for the best touch-screen entry I've used, including the soft keyboard on my Imagio. And that "boring" OS is quite stable. It may lack the tweakability of Windows Mobile, but the UI is easily skinned in a variety of attractive ways and it certainly doesn't require as many resources as WM.

When i first got the storm, there wasnt anything for it, not even themes. Those skins are easy to use but everything stays the same, as for stable, mine crashed on me all the time, and i would have to do the battery pull which took a few minutes to reboot, the screenclick was great, but it wore out very quick and then it would suck. All the OS is good for is business and email. Games are okay on it too.
Definately not the OS for me. I like change and being able to tweak it, thats why i love WM, with the tp2 they did a great job of having it stable and quick from the start. Were starting to see a new era of stable and fast stock roms!! But i still love my custom ones :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 1266866)
Hmm, it was my understanding that they removed that from this version. Guess I read wrong.

Check #4. i think theres a video of it too.

Shemmy 10-26-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf (Post 1266866)

Does that mean you're joining us over here in Imagio-land? It would be nice to see you do some cooking once this things is unlocked!

maxtcee 10-26-2009 07:05 PM

bw you jumping in on getting a imagio ? if so when will the first rom pop ? lol

rp4643 10-26-2009 08:23 PM

Maybe the BB will stay in 3G, My imagio leaves 3G goes to 1X and then I have to soft reset to bring back 3G. There is a whole thread on it. All and All the Imagio is a great phone but it is a resource hog. It may be multitasking but thats not worth a **** if it eats memory. Still....Im not hearing good things about Storm 2. I think with the new rom burns Imagio is the way to go. Who knows...