PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

magnumz32 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone experiencing dropped calls?

I am on my second Imagio after only two weeks after the first one dropped at least a call a day. With one day it dropping over seven. Verizon says no outages or reports of problems with coverage and everyone i talk to has verizon and has no issues with dropping calls. New one isn't as bad as the old one but i am still getting a call dropping a day.

I had a 6800 before this and i got maybe a dropped call every few months at most. This is getting frustrating now, might just go back to the 6800.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Re: Anyone experiencing dropped calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumz32 View Post
I am on my second Imagio after only two weeks after the first one dropped at least a call a day. With one day it dropping over seven. Verizon says no outages or reports of problems with coverage and everyone i talk to has verizon and has no issues with dropping calls. New one isn't as bad as the old one but i am still getting a call dropping a day.

I had a 6800 before this and i got maybe a dropped call every few months at most. This is getting frustrating now, might just go back to the 6800.
Can't say I have more than 1 or 2 times and I know I was in a very weak area (No bars) at the time so it wasn't surprising. Otherwise never if I have 1+ bars.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P6800
Carrier: USCC

jskoland is just getting started

I too am on my second Imagio and I get dropped calls all the time or the error that I cannot place a call at this time. Now what is starting to pop up is error code: 11 PPP Connection Data Failure. I personally don't think it is the phone but the network. I just happen to be in an area where Verizon has took over alltel and I believe or hope that it can only get better. I am still in my 30 days so if it does not verizon is getting their phones back.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

magnumz32 is just getting started

i drop calls with a full 5 bars, its not like there is bad service. And i live on long island, ny. Its pretty much verizon home turf here, never had problems before with any phone i have owned with them.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Lurker

shaunakadub is a n00b

I haven't had a dropped call yet since the day it came out.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskoland View Post
I too am on my second Imagio and I get dropped calls all the time or the error that I cannot place a call at this time. Now what is starting to pop up is error code: 11 PPP Connection Data Failure. I personally don't think it is the phone but the network. I just happen to be in an area where Verizon has took over alltel and I believe or hope that it can only get better. I am still in my 30 days so if it does not verizon is getting their phones back.
You may want to look into using a different PRL file (Tower info) so your phone looks for Verizon rather than Alltel towers and see if that helps. You can find other PRL files here:

http://www.corolada.com/prl/

You can see your current PRL by going to Settings tab -> All Settings -> System -> Device Info.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

Veritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVeritech_910 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Haven't had any problems with dropped calls either, just the ones I accidentally press the BT button and hang up while adjusting my earpiece
Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumz32 View Post
i drop calls with a full 5 bars, its not like there is bad service. And i live on long island, ny. Its pretty much verizon home turf here, never had problems before with any phone i have owned with them.
Sure it's not the other end? Just asking, I have no idea of course.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P6800
Carrier: USCC

jskoland is just getting started

Thanks for the PRL info. I have tried a Verizon only PRL, It works better with a Hybrid PRL but after I install the Hybrid for some reason it goes back to a Verizon PRL
Old 10-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ah ok. Well I would probably call Verizon and see if their support can help, sounds like a network issue like you mentioned.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio