PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Sellador is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone else using WM 6.5 with Gmail IMAP?

I had my previous phone (HTC Touch) set up to access three email accounts: my Exchange account and two separate Gmail accounts via IMAP. It all worked well and, when I deleted a message on the Touch, Gmail would remove that message from the Inbox (it would still be in All Mail so it wasn't really deleted per se). I liked this behavior.

Now with WM 6.5, I set up my Imagio exactly the same way. (And I even went through the menus item-by-item to be sure they were identically configured.) Now, however, when I delete a message on the Imagio, it doesn't remove it from my inbox on Gmail. It just marks it read. That's a real pain.

Does anyone else use Gmail via IMAP with their Imagio and does it behave the way you expect? (I can't use Google direct push. That's really Exchange and you can't have more than one Exchange account in the phone.) Thanks!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:01 PM
N00b
Carrier: VZ

chrysalis is a n00b
Re: Anyone else using WM 6.5 with Gmail IMAP?

I have a similar problem too! In addition, I am only able to see mails in the Inbox, but not mails in the Sent box. Can you see your emails in the Sent box?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
I have a similar problem too! In addition, I am only able to see mails in the Inbox, but not mails in the Sent box. Can you see your emails in the Sent box?
For the first issue, try going to the Messaging Tab for that account in TouchFlo, then hit Menu -> Accounts -> Manage Accounts. Select the account you're talking about, then Send/Receive Schedule, then Advanced Settings. Change the option that says "When deleting messages" to 'Delete them off the server'. and hit Done.

For the Sent Items (and other folders) issue, go to the Inbox for that account and select Menu -> Tools -> Manage Folders. Check the box next to Sent Items (and any others you wish) and that will synch with the default stuff from then on. Sent Items is not synched by default.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:07 AM
N00b

chrysalis is a n00b

Thanks for the information. I got the first issue solved. However, I don't see "Tools" option when I click Menu under Indox. Note that I am not using Outlook email in my Imagio, does it matter?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

I'd advise against anyone using Gmail on exchange to sync calendars. I spent 2 hours deleting literally THOUSANDS of duplicate calendar APPOINTMENTS... yes, appointments...Gmail translates calendar entries to appointment invites in outlook AND duplicates them each and every time you sync. 5 days of push syncing and you can imagine how many duplicates this creates. I blame gmail not HTC or WM for this issue.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
Thanks for the information. I got the first issue solved. However, I don't see "Tools" option when I click Menu under Indox. Note that I am not using Outlook email in my Imagio, does it matter?
The menu is probably too long, you have to scroll down to see Tools. Should be under the "Go to" option.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:17 PM
N00b

chrysalis is a n00b

When I click "Go to" option, it gives me choices for my email accounts and SMS/MMS, but there is no "Tools" option...
Old 10-18-2009, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
I'd advise against anyone using Gmail on exchange to sync calendars. I spent 2 hours deleting literally THOUSANDS of duplicate calendar APPOINTMENTS... yes, appointments...Gmail translates calendar entries to appointment invites in outlook AND duplicates them each and every time you sync. 5 days of push syncing and you can imagine how many duplicates this creates. I blame gmail not HTC or WM for this issue.
Can anyone else confirm this behavior? I was just about to switch to the gmail exchange thing. If this is indeed the case, its a pretty big problem!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makryger View Post
Can anyone else confirm this behavior? I was just about to switch to the gmail exchange thing. If this is indeed the case, its a pretty big problem!
I was thinking about doing a test, but I really don't have the patience to go for it right now. Try creating a new gmail account and calendar. Add a few appointments to the google calendar and set up your exchange sync. Once it syncs with google calendar, sync your device with outlook on your PC. Then proceed to delete the calendar entry from outlook. It will ask you if you want to reply to invite before deleting or something like that. It'd be great to get a second opinion and more input on this from some other users. I'm hoping its just an error on my end.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:15 PM
N00b

chrysalis is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
The menu is probably too long, you have to scroll down to see Tools. Should be under the "Go to" option.
Got it! I did manage to scroll down. Stupid me...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio