PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: Unlocked the SIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtin View Post
works for me!! you just save me $20+ to unlock my phone!!
glad to here that hopefully u thanked my posts!!

Old 12-26-2009, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio -- and LOVING IT.
Carrier: Verizon

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
the only ways they would know u used another sim in the phone during the time ur device broke is (1.) u tell them!! and (2.) the phone broke in a way that u were not able to take it out of gsm only mode!!

number 2 can be fixed in some cases by flashing ur device and relocking before u send in before any factory service!!! other then that sprint and verizon are not smart enoght to determine if your device was broken while using a sim card!!
#3 would be to drop or bang your phone until it is no longer working. I've been known to do this and have never been denied a new phone at my local shop. With the Imagio it may be more difficult since it seems like vz stores rarely have it. I went into one to look at accessories and the salesman asked me to see it since he had never seen an actual one and only intranet examples. This was just last week. IT is as if they do not expect this to be a popular phone.,, I'm shocked since I absolutely LOVE mine.

HTC Imagio on Verizon Wireless
Tampa, FL
Old 12-26-2009, 06:01 PM

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post
#3 would be to drop or bang your phone until it is no longer working. I've been known to do this and have never been denied a new phone at my local shop. With the Imagio it may be more difficult since it seems like vz stores rarely have it. I went into one to look at accessories and the salesman asked me to see it since he had never seen an actual one and only intranet examples. This was just last week. IT is as if they do not expect this to be a popular phone.,, I'm shocked since I absolutely LOVE mine.
ok cool i have two points first is the rep probly has never seen the device in real life because most verizon stores do even carry the phone they have to order it, this has been the case with most htc , winmo devices and probly true with the eris! there is not a high demand for these high end devices so they order then in small quanties so they just wont be over stocked and collect dust!!

with that being said my second point is if u have a history of dropping and or banging up to the point it doesnt work any more a rare, expencive , and seemingly online/special order only device maybe u might want to invest in a second throw away/ or less delicate phone!! for example while i went on my snow boarding vaction trip i activated my 6800 just so i wouldnt break my tp2!! cuz after they tell u they will not replace the device it can get very expencive to keep buuying a like $500 device or even with insurance like $100 or $150 to replace!!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint hTC EVO 4G
Carrier: cricKet

tonytec is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to tonytec
Unhappy Re: Unlocked the SIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
Also please note that you *DO* have to have a qualifying Verizon account. I asked and the minimum account you need is the $29.99 and you also need the $39.99 unlimited data plan addon. Too much IMHO. If you have the Imagio on another network (like I do) then here is a service which is in our pocket's reach...I submitted my IMEI and will post results as soon as I get my unlock code.

Code:

http://whitestone.unlock-now.com/sim-unlock-Verizon-HTC-Imagio/
Hey was wondering what the result was? I just bought a vzw htc imagio for 330 and then paid 90 to have it flashed it to cricket, and now im just stuck with a half locked imagio, ive lobeen laid off and dont really have any money to spend on it anymore, now hopely im moving to canada and would like to use my imagio there so i really want the sim unlocked so i have the option to use whatever gsm or cdma.... please please help
Old 12-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

tdsunshop is a n00b

I can verify that I did use the link posted in this thread to purchase an unlock code and it worked great!

Once I submitted my IMEI, it took about 2 business days to get the code. I simply put my AT&T simm card in my Imagio, turned on the phone, and when asked for the code, entered it and now my unit is simm unlocked and works great!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsunshop View Post
I can verify that I did use the link posted in this thread to purchase an unlock code and it worked great!

Once I submitted my IMEI, it took about 2 business days to get the code. I simply put my AT&T simm card in my Imagio, turned on the phone, and when asked for the code, entered it and now my unit is simm unlocked and works great!
glad to here it worked great and easy for u enjoy !!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio