PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: Verizon

neumannk is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Imagio is a pain in the ***.

CallFirewall basically rejects unwanted calls.

Features & Options:

a. Accecpt all calls - pretty self explainatory
b. Accept call from My Contacts only - accepts calls from contacts only, others are rejected
c. Reject all calls - pretty self explainatory
d. White List - accepts calls only from the white listed nos
e. Black List - accepts all call except from the black listed nos
f. Black List Pattern - any no STARTING from the black list pattern list is rejected.
for eg. if you enter "123", so all nos STARTING from "123" will be rejected
this is a very nice option with which you can block nos from any particular network, country, city , area or whatever you can think of.

TrineFix is a free utillity for contacts, appointments and tasks on yourWindows Phone (and if you sync with a PC or ExchangeServer, also on your PC).

Main features:

* Remove "close match "duplicate contacts (and You decide what fields must be similar to define it as a "duplicate")
* Option to automatically remove any "exact match" duplicates (if their identical, you only need one, right!?
* Set FileAs for contacts ("Firstname Lastname", or "Lastname, Firstname", and so forth)
* Add a default CountryCode-prefixes for phonenumbers that do not have a countrycode
* Change the countrycode-formatting ("001", "+1", so forth) for all phonenumbers
* Remove duplicate appointments
* Bulk remove several appointments, contacts or task with a searchword
* Preview fixes before applying, and you can even manually adjust the fixes before applying in most cases
* Fingerfriendly user interface (if you have a touchscreen)
* Keyboardfriendly user interface (is you have a keypad)
* Adjusts itself automatically to different types of devices (touchscreen/non-touchscreen) and screentypes (QVGA, VGA, WVGA, square screens, ...).
* Built in functionality that notifies you about new releases of TrineFix, and makes it possible to upgrade easily directly from your phone
* Share with friends (send SMS with download links to a friend)
Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

great tweaks, thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

baxtermedic is a n00b

I guess the only compaint I really have is the hardware side of it, The proc used is old news and not really capable of running a phone like this. the omap 3430 should have been used.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtermedic View Post
I guess the only compaint I really have is the hardware side of it, The proc used is old news and not really capable of running a phone like this. the omap 3430 should have been used.
While I agree a bigger CPU would have been nice, I think with better tweaking/optimization this phone will be very fast. Once the unlocker is done and custom ROMs start cookin, it will shine much more than it does now.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio -- and LOVING IT.

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor

I actually love my Imagio and will only love it more when the ROMs start coming out. The FreeRam and a few other tweaks have given me seriously decent battery life and I'm getting used to the touch screen. Sure, I fat finger stuff all the time, but my typing on a keyboard isn't always the best.

It is responsive, attractive and out of box has most of what I need.

Sorry your mileage has varied so much from mine.

HTC Imagio on Verizon Wireless
Tampa, FL
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post
I actually love my Imagio and will only love it more when the ROMs start coming out. The FreeRam and a few other tweaks have given me seriously decent battery life and I'm getting used to the touch screen. Sure, I fat finger stuff all the time, but my typing on a keyboard isn't always the best.

It is responsive, attractive and out of box has most of what I need.

Sorry your mileage has varied so much from mine.
I too love this Imagio. Would you mind posting links to your "FreeRam" and other tweaks?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
I returned my Imagio after a few days. Browser/s had a crawl-slow speed, the phone froze up a couple of times while browsing needing a soft reset, and battery didn't last quite a day.
Someone in Howard Forums gave a link from which I attached a file, taken from ppcgeeks, called battery and performance hack, and said that this hack worked great on the Imagio and made the battery go two full days, which sounds awesome.

hey where can you find more information on this and exactly what it does. Where is the thread on this.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD - TPRO2 - IMAGIO -Pre
Carrier: SPRINT / TMOBIL

doogles is a n00b

I was suffering from the same problem and my tech suggested getting a new battery and surprise surprise your basic 1500mAh Li-Ion Battery a replacement has given me about 40% more battery time im a happier camper, now albeit the bluetooth issues continue to harass me short range, static in connections with the handset a foot away and TOO MUCH BLOATWARE however a fairly decent handset overall
Old 10-31-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Phil Canyon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogles View Post
I was suffering from the same problem and my tech suggested getting a new battery and surprise surprise your basic 1500mAh Li-Ion Battery a replacement has given me about 40% more battery time im a happier camper, now albeit the bluetooth issues continue to harass me short range, static in connections with the handset a foot away and TOO MUCH BLOATWARE however a fairly decent handset overall
This guy is speaking my language, I have the same issues except I have always had good battery life. The bluetooth is terrible and just general navigation of the phone is a hassle. I don't know how it would react to having "quickmenu" installed on it. Has anyone tried it?
Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: VERIZON

ewatson660 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to ewatson660

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
I wonder if anyone will work on the unlocker for this phone. It hurts that verizon is the only carrier. Many of the best chefs are not on verizon. Hopefully you'll get the unlocker. The treo pro had to wait over a year to get theirs. I count on seeing it anytime soon.
were does the unlocker come from?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio