PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

aaron186 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible to change only lockscreen wallpaper?

I have been trying to change only the lockscreen wallpaper on my phone. I want to keep the defualt wallpaper on the home screen but have a different picture when the phone is locked. I tried using JMZ Lockscreen Changer but it did not work. Does anyone know of a different way to accomplish this?

I also tried using S2U2 but I could not get it to behave like the autolock feature provided by HTC and the lock soft button would have to be changed.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Re: Possible to change only lockscreen wallpaper?

all settings/today/select a theme for your device.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

have you tryed JMZ's Lockscreen changer available on his site? I know that it works with Custom 6.5 ROM's I have used on my Touch Pro, so I would imagine that it would work with the imagio.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 10-19-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Humpa is keeping up the good workHumpa is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to Humpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron186 View Post
I have been trying to change only the lockscreen wallpaper on my phone. I want to keep the defualt wallpaper on the home screen but have a different picture when the phone is locked. I tried using JMZ Lockscreen Changer but it did not work. Does anyone know of a different way to accomplish this?

I also tried using S2U2 but I could not get it to behave like the autolock feature provided by HTC and the lock soft button would have to be changed.
If you are using TF3D, then the lockscreen is already a different wallpaper than the TF3D pages.

The Windows wallpaper (the Lockscreen Wallpaper) is on the main page of the Today Settings menu.
The TF3D Wallpaper is on that page you get when you are in TF3D and click on Settings (click the one that is titled "Wallpaper".

Doesn't that work? That's what I did when I was still using TF3D
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

When you go to Start...Settings...All Settings soft key at the bottom...Today, be sure to check the checkbox at the bottom that says "Use this picture as the background", then click browse and select the picture you want to use. 480x800 works perfectly.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid HTC ERIS

rpturner is a n00b

Hi Victor,
Just a friendly FYI… I was able to find a work around to pull this off. But here is the kicker; it will require two third party apps to accomplish this goal on a DROID HTC ERIS.
Apps Needed:
ES File Explorer (Used to manage the wallpaper files)
Wallpaper Set & Save (Used to create the wall paper in the correct format and size.)

Process to setup the preloaded wallpapers on Lock Screen on the Droid HTC ERIS:

1.Download and install the ES File Explorer and Wallpaper Set & Save.
2.(Skip this step if you already have the wallpaper setup on your main screen.) Return to the main screen and hit the Menu >Wallpaper>Home>Wallpaper gallery. Now select the preloaded wallpaper you would like to use. Then select “set as wallpaper” button, which should return you to the main screen.
3.Hit Menu>All Programs> Wallpaper Set&Save. It should immediately open the Wallpaper Set and Save menu with three buttons (Set Wallpaper, Save Wallpaper , and Quit) In the background you should see your wallpaper dimly lit. Hit “Save Wallpaper”. Using your QWERTY keyboard give the wallpaper a name i.e. Starpaper, Bluewall, Ubuntu_wp, etc. (I personally do not like to leave spaces)
4.Hit the SETTINGS button and the “Wallpaper Save Settings” menu should open. Use the following settings:
Format: PNG
SD Card Folder: wallpapers (This is important! When you install Wallpaper Set & Save this
directory should already be in place)
5.Hit “Save Settings” and you will be prompted “Success” Settings Saved! Hit OK. Hit Save. You will be prompted with another Success window then hit OK.
6.Hit “Quit”.
7.(Skip this step if you would not like to verify the file is in the proper location. I am a techie so I like to me doubly sure things are where they need to be.) At this point me need to make sure the Wallpaper is in the correct location. From the main screen hit MENU> All Programs> ES File Explorer (*Special note! Please, be careful in this area if accidentally move files to the wrong location it might cause strangeness on your DROID.) Ok lets continue carefully… You should now be under the LOCAL tab at the top, in the middle it should read /sdcard/, and at the bottom should be the folders on your SDCARD. Scroll down to the “Wallpapers” folder and selected. If all of the previous steps (1 – 6) were done correctly you should see the new wallpaper you created in step 3. Hit the back “ß” four times to exit the ES File Explorer program.
8. Ok now power off the Droid HTC ERIS (AKA Power Cycle) ***Here is the tricky part for some reason, maybe it’s the app or the functionality of the smart phone you will need to turn off the Droid to see the new folder or the new wallpaper we just created. Hence the need for the ES File Explorer for verification purposes.
9.Power On your Droid. From the Main screen hit Menu>Wallpaper>Lock Screen .You should now see the wallpapers folder. Hit the wallpapers folder and you will see the wallpaper you created in step 3. Select it! Hit Save! Done!

I plan to share this quick wall through with HTC Support in hopes they can either post this solution to assist other Droid users. Or provide the functionality on the phone in the upcoming updates.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

Bubba78 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpa View Post
If you are using TF3D, then the lockscreen is already a different wallpaper than the TF3D pages.

The Windows wallpaper (the Lockscreen Wallpaper) is on the main page of the Today Settings menu.
The TF3D Wallpaper is on that page you get when you are in TF3D and click on Settings (click the one that is titled "Wallpaper".

Doesn't that work? That's what I did when I was still using TF3D
Worked for me.. thanks
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

HTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to HTCexy

To make it even more simple...just open whatever picture you want your lock screen to be in "pictures and Videos" then in the menu choose "set as Today Background"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio