PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Was I hallucinating?

I installed SPBMobileshell 3.5 to try it out. Had it points but I didn't like it and it seemed to make some things worse. I removed it but it left some things messed up. I'm not necessarily blaming it, it might have been a combination of too many things added on and some conflicting. I finally did a hard reset about an hour ago and am now re-installing the apps that I know I want and leaving off a lot of others. So far, everything is now working correctly again including the lock screen.

I never thought it was TC because I've used it for years and never had an issue. It is now re-installed and I'm not having any issues (so far). I'm going to keep my changes minimal from this time on to avoid having to do this kind of thing again. Once I get it running and setup the way I like it I'm going to do a full backup in case I have to restore again.

R
Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedog View Post
I installed SPBMobileshell 3.5 to try it out. Had it points but I didn't like it and it seemed to make some things worse. I removed it but it left some things messed up. I'm not necessarily blaming it, it might have been a combination of too many things added on and some conflicting. I finally did a hard reset about an hour ago and am now re-installing the apps that I know I want and leaving off a lot of others. So far, everything is now working correctly again including the lock screen.
Way back when this thread first started, we compared apps and you didn't have MS 3.5 on your device, so we eliminated it from consideration as the culprit. However, if you ever had MS 3.5 on, then that becomes a possibility again since I am also running that one.

(To others reading the thread) Has anyone else who is seeing this problem installed MS 3.5 (even if you've later removed it)?
Old 10-26-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I did not install mobilshell onto my phone until Sun. 10/25 so that was never the initial issue. What I was saying in my post is that installing SPBMS 3.5 seemed to make things worse. I can't and am not blaming SPBMS for the problems. There were already a number of issues going on with all the installations that I've done, registry hacks and other stuff. I think I was just doing too much playing with the phone and some of the playthings were not getting along well.

Since the hard reset yesterday and careful re-installation of my most needed apps the phone is working extremely well. Browsing speed is now up to snuff, the phone isn't hiccuping at all and the apps that I did put back on are working as expected and intended.

I'm happy again with the Imagio and from here on out I'll be very careful about anything that I add on. It will have to be a needed app, not just adding something to be messing with the phone.

I did like a number of things about SPBMS but I couldn't figure out how to get a link to my stock quote updates and that is important to me. I used the professional screen as I like things upfront, basic, ready to work. I don't care about having flames shoot out two feet from the screen when I power on etc. My phone is a work phone that I like to also have some fun with but the most important item for me is that it is working well the way I need it to work.

R
Old 10-27-2009, 12:22 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedog View Post
I did not install mobilshell onto my phone until Sun. 10/25 so that was never the initial issue.
Well heck, I thought we had found something in common. The mystery continues.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 AM
N00b

caveritt is becoming a great contributor

Don't have SPBMS. Screen stopped locked when back light turned off about 3 days after I got the phone. Did a hard reset and it started working again. Almost 3 days to the hour the screen stopped locking again. Very strange.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Carrier: vzw

Xman_NYC is a n00b

I don't know what causes this problem but I seem to have found a way to fix it on my phone. You need a registry editor like PHM Registry Editor (I think I found that in this forum). Go to \HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\ and change the AutoDeviceLockEnable from 0 to 1 then soft reset the phone and you're done.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstuedle View Post
Notice to all of you guys that are having trouble with the phone "unlocking itself". HTC has used a magnetic sensor in the TouchPro2(stylus AND keyboard slideout) and I believe the Imagio(stylus)...if you have a holster with a magnetic top on it (the flap for closing the pouch etc...), then the phone thinks you are pulling the stylus out or sliding the keyboard open/closed - hence why the behavior has changed for you! - I suggest getting a pouch with a velcrow flap on it...I did!
The case that actually goes with the Imagio is a case with velcro on it not a magnet. A rep at the verizon store told me that a magnetic case will have an effect on the phone , did'nt tell me what effect it would have, I do have and use a velcro pouch and mine locks when it is shut off

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 11-25-2009, 12:12 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Sellador is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman_NYC View Post
I don't know what causes this problem but I seem to have found a way to fix it on my phone. You need a registry editor like PHM Registry Editor (I think I found that in this forum). Go to \HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\ and change the AutoDeviceLockEnable from 0 to 1 then soft reset the phone and you're done.
Now that's very interesting. I don't want to change the behavior of mine because I like the alternative way it works, but it's great to know where to go to make the choice. I did look in that key on mine and it is set to 0, so that's consistent with your fix.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

Viventis is just getting started

I had this problem with just a few cabs installed:
Google Maps
HTC Wifi Sharing
DHarvey HTC Program Tabs Fix
Dusk 6.5 Lockscreen 3.0

I also have a holder with a magnetic closure.

After a hard reset, everything returned to normal.

One day with no cabs and the magnetic holder and all is still fine.

I have re-installed all the cabs except for the Dusk Lockscreen and all seems fine so far.

The two things I get out of this is that some cabs (in my case the Dusk Lockscreen) causes this to occur or possibly it is the longer term use of the magnetic holder. I will monitor that.

BTW: I didn't mind the change too much except that when I received a call with the device in the holder, for some reason the "ignore with text" was always activated. I wasn't able to answer calls regularly.

Last edited by Viventis; 11-25-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

ou will need to reverse the registry changes that the any of those cabs made, then your lock will work again, make the following changes in your registry:

HKCU - ControlPanel - Keybd - DeviceLockWhenSuspend - change value to "1" from "0" (no quotes)

HKCU - ControlPanel - Backlight - AutoDeviceLockEnable - change value to "1" from "0" (no quotes)

Now if they are both set to "0" set them both to "1" and reset.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio