PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA
Sim Unlocking...

I have a Touch Pro 2 on Verizon and as most of us know, when you get the SIM unlocked by calling up Verizon Global Services, you can even use a SIM Card from the US as well as one overseas.

My question is, did Verizon figure out their goof and gimp the Imagio so that it doesn't allow US Sim Cards to function, like the already unlocked Sprint Touch Pro 2?
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 10-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Re: Sim Unlocking...

someone posted that it worked for them. i don't know if anyone has confirmed.
i don't have any sims to test with or i would call myself.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC imagio

canecbr600 is just getting started

Global phones arn't new! They have been around for several years, and I don't think Verizon is concerned, or they would have stopped it years ago.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
To test it on my Verizon Touch Pro 2, I bought a $10 prepaid SIM Card from Best Buy that runs on the AT&T network. I'm sure it would work, being as how the two phones are so similar.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

devlspawn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post

After having verizon sim unlock my Imagio I popped in my ATT sim card and it worked without a hitch, i was instantly calling from my ATT account and number.

~DevilSpawn~
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I called VZW and they unlocked the GSM side of my Imagio with no problem. I pulled the sim from my iphone that I had been running on Tmo and popped it into the sim slot on the Imagio and started making calls on my TMO account with no problems. You just need to switch from Global or CDMA mode to GSM mode and it will take a few seconds to find a signal and then you're now working a GSM phone.

R
Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZ

chrysalis is a n00b

what is the VZW number you called to have your sim unlocked? The regular customer services number? Thanks a lot in advance!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

You call VZW Global Services and tell them you are planning an overseas trip and that you don't want to be using their VZW global services because they are too expensive (they are). You want to buy a sim when you are overseas and use the local services (which you can do and are much cheaper) and they will give you an unlock code. Once you have that you can pop in an AT&T or TMO prepaid sim and it will work just fine locally in the USA.

I do this to keep my personal cell number private and use the other for business calls via my office asterisk phone system. The customer I call only sees our office phone number in the caller ID and my cell numbers stay private that way.

R
Old 12-28-2009, 09:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint hTC EVO 4G
Carrier: cricKet

tonytec is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to tonytec

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedog View Post
You call VZW Global Services and tell them you are planning an overseas trip and that you don't want to be using their VZW global services because they are too expensive (they are). You want to buy a sim when you are overseas and use the local services (which you can do and are much cheaper) and they will give you an unlock code. Once you have that you can pop in an AT&T or TMO prepaid sim and it will work just fine locally in the USA.

I do this to keep my personal cell number private and use the other for business calls via my office asterisk phone system. The customer I call only sees our office phone number in the caller ID and my cell numbers stay private that way.

R
I've called verizon wireless globel many times, but every time they said I neded a verizon wireless acount and hsd to have my imagio activated for at least two months before they would unlock my htc imagio, i bought it for $330 & spent about $90 to have it flashed to cricket. but now im planning to move to canada in a few weeks and now im stuck with a locked imagio, is there anyway i can have my imagio unlocked for free?

Other then know somebody whos been with verizon for a long time like a year or two and has been a good customer, to have the phone switched to there account and then call the vzw globel service people and have them unlock the phone and then switch back there phone... and hope they dont ask you to huse there service for two months before they unlock it...

Last edited by tonytec; 12-28-2009 at 10:20 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio