PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

J-Dro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Frozen Imagio on 2 different units

First of all, hello to all, I'm new around here.

I picked up an Imagio on the day it launched. It worked fine for a couple of days, then without any warning, the screen froze up on me. Soft resets and pulling the battery had no effect. The phone would just boot up but not respond to the touchscreen. I did a hard reset and that solved the problem, although I lost all my user data and had to reload everything from scratch.

That phone worked for another couple of days until it suddenly froze up again. Working with Verizon tech support, they concluded that my phone should be replaced and promptly sent out a replacement.

The 2nd Imagio worked fine for about 2 days until the same thing just happened. I'm not seeing any forum posts from anyone else having this problem, so I'm wondering if I could be doing something to cause this to happen. FWIW, the last time this happened I was just rearranging some of the tabs in Touchflow. There were no other programs running in memory at the time.

Here is the list of programs I have installed so far. In all cases, I copied the cab files to the device and installed from there.

- .NET compact framework 3.5
- Kinoma FreePlay
- ICS Install
- WMWifirouter
- Total Commander

Any help or insight is appreciated.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Re: Frozen Imagio on 2 different units

I have all those programs installed that you list plus quite a few more and not experiencing any lock ups or freezing. Maybe more information might be helpful like where did you install them and how much memory do you have showing being used.

R
Old 10-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

J-Dro is a n00b

This is starting to frustrate the hell out of me. It happened a 2nd time on my 2nd Imagio. It seems to occur just about every 48 hours after reloading everything.

I should also add that each time before it completely freezes, I notice that the response starts to get very sluggish. I looked at the memory usage and it was showing 70%. My norm is closer to 60% with no programs opened. So when I saw it getting sluggish, I tried a soft reboot and when the phone came back up, frozen again.

Ironically, I literally just downloaded the SPB backup cab file onto the Imagio and it froze right before I was able to install it and run a backup.

Racedog, I installed all the programs listed on the device itself. I'm still waiting for my microSD card to arrive in the mail.

WTF? I'm not doing anything with my Imagio to push the envelope but I seem to be the only one having this problem.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You need to manage your memory. Google B&B RAM Sweeper 2.cab , i think it is over at xda. When your ram gets over 60% just run RAM Sweeper and it will reclaim
your used memory in about 10 seconds so you don't have to soft-reset. There are several apps that will give you more memory at boot up on the Imagio & TP2 threads.
I put them on my Imagio and now I boot up at 49-51%.
Before I was booting up at 63-65%.
Good luck.

EDIT: Look in the first post in Imagio Set-Up Guide in this forum .

Last edited by jbh00jh; 10-16-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO

DesertFox is a n00b

Happened to me too, I deleted all my apps and still he same, Phone was unusable. I have now returned it and not sure if I want to exchange it for a new one or wait for verizon to restock the touch pro 2
Old 10-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

TP 2 is back in stock now.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO

DesertFox is a n00b

It's not, I called Verizon Wireless and they couldn't order. I did end up ordering it online, but this morning I got a email saying its back order. I switched my order back to the imagio now so I guess I'm giving it another shot....
Old 10-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

J-Dro is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
You need to manage your memory. Google B&B RAM Sweeper 2.cab , i think it is over at xda. When your ram gets over 60% just run RAM Sweeper and it will reclaim
your used memory in about 10 seconds so you don't have to soft-reset. There are several apps that will give you more memory at boot up on the Imagio & TP2 threads.
I put them on my Imagio and now I boot up at 49-51%.
Before I was booting up at 63-65%.
Good luck.

EDIT: Look in the first post in Imagio Set-Up Guide in this forum .
Thanks for the idea jbh00jh. I will need some sort of RAM cleaner anyway.

But if memory leakage was causing my problem, wouldn't a soft reset let me start from scratch? Once my phone goes into this state, nothing will bring it back except a hard reset and then I lose all my stuff.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP

I have one more suggestion. In the Imagio update section of this forum there is a shipped Imagio ROM (conflipper's thread). I had a few glitches on my phone and I ran this ROM and it smoothed them all out. It is completely safe and will not hurt your phone. It is the stock ROM from VZW. All you have to lose is having to put your personal data back on your phone. It is always good to have a copy of the stock rom on your computer in case you download something that messes up your phone , you can install the rom and phone is back to new again.
Good luck with your phone.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker

myst is a n00b

I actually had this happen to me the other night. I woke up and the phone was dead. I had to hard reset to get it back up again. I'm hoping it doesnt happen again, because that would be very annoying/stupid. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's experienced this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio