PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email Question - How to get rid of "Internet Pictures Blocked" message

Everytime I get a new email in my gmail account, I see the message "Internet Pictures Blocked" that I have to tap to download the rest of the email pictures. I have to do this each time on my Imagio, is there any way for the email to automatically do this.

In the Download size settings section, I have all the settings (see below) for email downloads set to max but still get this message. Anyone have a solution.

Message Download Limit I have set to Entire Message
Download attachment I have set to All Attachments
Old 10-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Re: Email Question - How to get rid of "Internet Pictures Blocked" message

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpey326 View Post
Everytime I get a new email in my gmail account, I see the message "Internet Pictures Blocked" that I have to tap to download the rest of the email pictures. I have to do this each time on my Imagio, is there any way for the email to automatically do this.

In the Download size settings section, I have all the settings (see below) for email downloads set to max but still get this message. Anyone have a solution.

I don't think there is a way to get around it. I have asked before and no luck....
Old 10-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumpey326 View Post

One of the reasons is to protect you from spammers validating your email address with an auto download of the pics from a spam website. But I suspect the bigger reason is resource driven.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so we are basically stuck with clicking on it each time. Not a big deal, just hoping I could bypass it.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio!

jdub71 is just getting started

Being a former Blackberry user I can tell you they have the same limitation built in and claim it is for security reasons.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio