PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

riksco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Imagio Battery Life??

I've had my Imagio for about a week and the battery life is pathetic. Seriously. It reeks. I've gone into settings and made some tweaks to improve battery life at the expense of performance and it made no difference. I can send a few texts, make a couple of call, check email or take a couple of pictures - maybe half an hour of total active usage - and still the battery will be gone in about 5 to 6 hours. Love the phone but this is not gonna work.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by riksco View Post
I've had my Imagio for about a week and the battery life is pathetic. Seriously. It reeks. I've gone into settings and made some tweaks to improve battery life at the expense of performance and it made no difference. I can send a few texts, make a couple of call, check email or take a couple of pictures - maybe half an hour of total active usage - and still the battery will be gone in about 5 to 6 hours. Love the phone but this is not gonna work.
something is wrong with your phone. my battery is usually still around 30-40 % at the end of a full day.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleberry View Post
i gotta admit, battery life is not bad at all. im at 50% since 2am. its now almost 6pm. about 60 min in phone calls in and out, about 35 SMS, and about 30 min total on web. backlight was also set to auto when sun came up so i can see the friggin screen. i also used google maps once.
Thats because i read somewhere that USB and car charges only trickle charge. They are really designed to hold you over till you get to your AC charger. Only the AC adapter can truly fully charge your phone the way its suppose charge
Old 02-13-2010, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

christjosh is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

For anyone still watching this thread because of battery problems, try flashing to the latest ROM (3.04). A quick search through this forum will provide the information needed to do this. I flashed my Imagio recently and ever since my battery life has tripled. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 1

Ride33 is just getting started

how dangerous is that. i mean cant you screw things up. is it worth the extra battey life
Old 02-14-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

christjosh is becoming a great contributor

@Ride33

It is only dangerous if you interrupt the upgrade in the middle. I flashed mine in under 10 minutes and it has worked perfectly ever since. All you need to do is connect your phone to your PC with Activesync or WMDC, run the upgrade executable, and wait (and do not do anything else until the upgrade is finished. I am not responsible for what happens to your phone.) You don't need to RMA your battery or give some poor Verizon rep a hard time.

To check which battery driver you have:

Open your registry editor and navigate to: \\\registry\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Drivers

You should see a folder labeled 'Battery' or 'Battery_New'. Open that and double click on 'device'. If it says '1.08.64883' or similar then you have the old battery driver. Click cancel to exit without making changes. The new battery driver is '3.04.75320' and fixes all of the power issues with the Imagio.

Now I am sure that a well trained person could extract the battery driver from the new ROM files and install it on this ROM without having to flash it but then each and every time you wiped the phone you would have to reinstall it. Flashing the ROM will install the new driver permanently. Do some reading on how to flash your Imagio properly here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=whitestone

Read the whole thread because one or more of the contributors have put this together in a way that makes this task incredibly easy (conflipper packaged the files in post #40) and I'm not going to regurgitate all of that here. And I can't take any credit for this because this information was initially delivered by conflipper so be sure to thank him in the thread I linked to above.

This battery fix really makes the Imagio an even better phone. Good Luck!

Last edited by christjosh; 02-14-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Vodafone India

hardikguru is a n00b

In my Battery_New folder, I have got the key with version "3.04" which means it is already updated with the new battery driver.

But despite of that the battery gets exhausted in just 6-8 hours without any Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Usage.

What should I do now ?
Old 08-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telfort

Usemyass is a n00b

try This, works for me

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-imagio...tooth-dll.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio