PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

treetopflyer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio - 1st Impressions

So I got the Imagio on Friday. Here are my preliminary thoughts:

Pros:

The screen is gorgeous - I put it next to a friends iPhone 3Gs and the resolution of the Imagio is by far superior. (checked some videos/photos)
General Feel - It's solid and feels 'good' in the hand. A great, solid, quality build.
Touch Flo 3D - no lag, the tabs scroll smoothly and the new GPS based weather is a nice feature.
Camera - the 5mp camera takes very nice pictures for a phone, no flash (which is a bummer) the auto focus is good and bad. it's slow, but does get a clear picture. still have to play with it some more.
Web browsing - i haven't decided if i like Opera over new IE, both render pages nicely, but a little slow for media rich pages (ESPN). IE takes more time to redraw when you zoom in/out, but it produces a more accurate page layout than Opera.
Touch Use: HTCs integration of touch on most windows is really nice. unless i have to go into the bowels of WinMo, i don't have to use the stylus.
Onscreen keyboard: I like it both in Landscape & Portrait mode. i have large hands and the xtc9 setting is a nice feature that corrects my typing. the light haptic feedback is is nice.
Windows Marketplace: Although it has a simple GUI, i find it convenient to use and just works. i haven't found a way to give me the option to install to the SD card though.

Cons:

Back Cover: is a b*tch to take off, why oh why didn't they make it slide?
Reset button: is under the back cover (see preceding point). after all this is winmo, and access to reset is important.
Touch Flo 3D: this is an HTC issue, not enough customization of home screen.
Stylus: why did they get rid of the magnetic stylus holder? this was a nice feature. no problems of with the stylus, but i hope the holder doesn't loosen like my HTC Apache.

I was going to wait for the HTC Hero to pop up on VZW, but it will more than likely be just like the Sprint version, which has mixed reviews on performance. After having a blackberry since ditching my HTC Apache, i decided to give WinMo another try.

Overall, after 2 1/2 days with the device, i'm digging it. I haven't customized much YET, but this was always a huge plus of the WinMo platform.

Last edited by treetopflyer; 10-11-2009 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typos
Old 10-11-2009, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC imagio
Carrier: Verizon

canecbr600 is just getting started
Re: Imagio - 1st Impressions

I have had mine for a couple of days. I love it! I ditched my Blackberry Tour for it which was also a very good device. This is probablly my 6th or 7th winmo device i have had, and by far the best. It runs smoother then mt Touch Pro with a great SSK rom on it. Also I see alot of people saying this is the Diamond 2, but I have read that AT&T's pure is the Diamond replacement. But who cares!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

treetopflyer is a n00b

My understanding is that the Imagio is the same as the Topaz / Pure / Whitestone / Diamond 2 (internally) but with Verizon's external case. I would imagine for differentiation. i like it so far. I hope someone makes a nice, thin aluminum hard case for it, like they have for the iPhone.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC imagio

canecbr600 is just getting started

Yup, The Imagio is the whitestone, and the Topaz is the pure/diamond 2 There are some fundamental differences between them.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopflyer View Post
My understanding is that the Imagio is the same as the Topaz / Pure / Whitestone / Diamond 2 (internally) but with Verizon's external case. I would imagine for differentiation. i like it so far. I hope someone makes a nice, thin aluminum hard case for it, like they have for the iPhone.
The imagio is basically the CDMA touch HD. The true topaz/diamond 2 has a much smaller screen. The imagio has the exact same specs as the HD.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Everything you need for business ( Word Mobile , Adobe Reader , Calendar ,RSS , Etc. ) and everything you need for pleasure ( FM Radio , TV , UTube , email , texting , music , etc. ) , just a great phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio