PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
give back that TP2 for an Imagio

I just got my Imagio and I am so glad I have it back. One HUGE caveat, if you need the keyboard then obviously TP2 is for you. While I like the soft keyboard and it works well for me, I'm it won't cut it for everyone. Otherwise this feels like a phone in my hand instead of a brick and has all the same features and better camera. Very happy I traded mine in.

I am wondering how others who swapped theirs feels?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48
Re: give back that TP2 for an Imagio

I did the same thing. The TP2 is like a brick. I had the Diamond and tried the TP2 but I have never had a need for a keyboard. I love the Imagio. Best WM phone yet in my opinoin.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium 500
Carrier: VZ

syntrix is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
I just got my Imagio and I am so glad I have it back. One HUGE caveat, if you need the keyboard then obviously TP2 is for you. While I like the soft keyboard and it works well for me, I'm it won't cut it for everyone. Otherwise this feels like a phone in my hand instead of a brick and has all the same features and better camera. Very happy I traded mine in.

I am wondering how others who swapped theirs feels?
I just ordered a pure from ATT, my VZ TP2 will be sent back tomorrow.

TP2 is an awesome phone, it's just a little too bulky to carry around.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

I have had my TP2 for 3 weeks, and while I love it I realized I really dont use the hw keyboard that much. So in thinking about this I decided to return the TP2 and order my Imagio! It will be at my home tomorrow.

I am very much looking forward to this, as I love the TF3D interface. Its quite smooth, and the addition of the FM radio(RDS) will only enhance my GPS use.

Steve
Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

dshay is a n00b

How's the speakerphone? That's one thing I'm worried about in the trade I'm contemplating at the moment. Any issues with the relative build quality compared to the TP2? In the TP2 forum someone else who had traded felt it was relatively less well built.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshay View Post
How's the speakerphone? That's one thing I'm worried about in the trade I'm contemplating at the moment. Any issues with the relative build quality compared to the TP2? In the TP2 forum someone else who had traded felt it was relatively less well built.
I thought it was just as good, if anything the reduction of weight may make it seem less sturdy, especially without the metal-ish back, but it is very solid and more comfortable to use.

I found the speaker phone to sound the same as the TP2.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kwatcha is becoming a great contributor

As the Commodores hit song from the 70's said.....she's a brick house and she is mighty mighty (TP2)
Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

NevadaXJ is a n00b

I actually ordered an Imagio because I could not find a TP2 in stock anywhere. I figure I'll try the Imagio, and worse comes to worse I can trade it in for the TP2 if I absolutely need the keyboard.

I wanted the TP2 because I miss the keyboard from my 6800....
Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwatcha View Post
As the Commodores hit song from the 70's said.....she's a brick house and she is mighty mighty (TP2)
I loled at this

I just tried the TP2 for the first time, holy crap it's ginormous!!!!

The Imagio seems awesome, perfect for my needs. I'm gonna switch from Sprint to VZW for a bit and get the Imagio for sure. Then whoever gets the HD2 will have me as a subscriber for a while Unless of course it's ATT, I wouldn't do that to myself even for an HD2.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cgwaters is a n00b

I've had my VZW TP2 for almost four weeks but am considering trading it in (within VZW's 30 day return window) for the Imagio. Here's why:

1. The TP2 is a bit thick and heavy for my tastes. According to VZW's website, the TP2 is 4.57" (H) x 2.33" (W) x 0.68" (D) and weighs 6.35 ounces...and the Imagio is 4.65" (H) x 2.43" (W) x 0.55" (D) and weighs 5.2 ounces. So the Imagio weighs less, is slightly wider and higher, and is thinner (because it lacks a physical keyboard).

2. Like an earlier poster, I came from the XV6800 and thought I would be *lost* without a physical keyboard. I had been someone who was firmly convinced that I needed a physical keyboard; however, I've used the TP2's physical keyboard only a handful of times over the last four weeks--the virtual keyboard is *that* good, especially compared to the XV6800. I've written many emails and text messages using just the virtual keyboard. Of course, I haven't written any lengthy notes yet, but I'm not sure having the physical keyboard is worth the extra thickness and weight for its occasional use.

3. The TP2 comes with Windows Mobile 6.1 and the Imagio comes with WM 6.5. An upgrade to WM 6.5 for the TP2 is surely forthcoming, but when? In my experience, WM upgrades never seem as good as having the phone come with with the OS. Of course, the TP2 is so new that perhaps it won't make a difference.

4. The TP2 comes with a 3.2 megapixel camera and the Imagio comes with a 5 megapixel camera--not that either device takes that great of a picture.

Anyway, can anyone else who has tried both devices comment? Are there any other noteworthy differences?

BTW, I upgraded from the XV6800 to the TP2 using VZW's 'new every two' program and ended up paying only $99 for the TP2. Will VZW sock me for swapping phones?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio