PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

prnzchrmg is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got My IMAGIO!!!

The add-on called TF3D2 Tweak V1 By At0mAng & Danny_and_2 in the PPC forum (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ht=TF3D2+Tweak) nearly solved the screen rotation (or lack of) on the new Imagio. But, after installing this, I found it only provided landscape views for some more screens in the TouchFlo shell, not any other apps.

I simply cannot fathom why a phone/PDA of this caliber would not operate in landscape mode. It seems the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2 both support landscape diplay on any screen simply by popping out the keyboard. I am just so disappointed.

I am re-activating my Omnia i910 tomorrow, and will hang on to the Imagio for a couple of weeks (I have 30 days to return it) to see if something can be done. For now, I am done playing with it.

-mt
Old 10-09-2009, 04:56 AM
Lurker

Ok, I couldn't stop playing with it! Good thing I'm single right now, or I'd be in the dog house!

First, by troling around the registry I found this key:
HKCU/Software/HTC/HTCSENSOR/GSensor/
In it are two more: ModuleName and WhiteList. The syntax for creating a string is pretty obvious for the ModuleName key, but I can't figure out what to use for the class name in the WhiteList key. I am trying to setup SMSChat from VITO. There are examples of the syntax in this form thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80194), and I have asked for assistance on determining the class for other applications. By adding them to these keys, screen rotation will work on an app-by-app basis.

Meanwhile, ChangeScreen v2.78 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=465586) has done the trick. I would like to do it as a straight reg-hack, though if I can, using no additional software.

It still think it is CRAZY that ALL screens aren't rotating like my Omnia i910 does. But, I think between one of these methods, I can make it work for me.

Hope this info helps others, and if anyone has any infomation on the WhiteList syntax, please post back.

-mt
Old 10-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnzchrmg View Post
Ok, I couldn't stop playing with it! Good thing I'm single right now, or I'd be in the dog house!

First, by troling around the registry I found this key:
HKCU/Software/HTC/HTCSENSOR/GSensor/
In it are two more: ModuleName and WhiteList. The syntax for creating a string is pretty obvious for the ModuleName key, but I can't figure out what to use for the class name in the WhiteList key. I am trying to setup SMSChat from VITO. There are examples of the syntax in this form thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80194), and I have asked for assistance on determining the class for other applications. By adding them to these keys, screen rotation will work on an app-by-app basis.

Meanwhile, ChangeScreen v2.78 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=465586) has done the trick. I would like to do it as a straight reg-hack, though if I can, using no additional software.

It still think it is CRAZY that ALL screens aren't rotating like my Omnia i910 does. But, I think between one of these methods, I can make it work for me.

Hope this info helps others, and if anyone has any infomation on the WhiteList syntax, please post back.

-mt
Dude change your long press end button to rotate the screen manually. Also a program called "flip it" should work too.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

Millinium is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan View Post
If you play the mobiTV advertisement the ! will go away but tv is still there on mine. Sometimes it has an X on a side, I guess for no coverage areas.

Sooo....how do we get the TV icon to disappear all together? It's quite annoying...I'm probably not even going to use Vcast TV.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

Tracking info shows mine's waiting for me at home... I can't wait to try it out!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris

ruslan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millinium View Post
Sooo....how do we get the TV icon to disappear all together? It's quite annoying...I'm probably not even going to use Vcast TV.
Good question, but I don't know. I'm not gonna use it either unless its free.
I guess Verizon decided we need to be reminded of the TV feature present on our phones by putting that icon there.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TILT 2 & HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon
Threadstarter

eastside770 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan View Post
Good question, but I don't know. I'm not gonna use it either unless its free.
I guess Verizon decided we need to be reminded of the TV feature present on our phones by putting that icon there.
hey i feel yall on it i feel its pointless
Old 10-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

forevr5688 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_passenger View Post
Did you try the old TVout cable from t-pro or t-pro2 w/ the Imagio ? It might need some reg entries too. Hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow to check that out.
Yeah I tried the old cable. I can only get the audio. If you can get it to work, that would be great. I wasn't sure if the limitation was software or hardware.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyapd21 View Post
Dude change your long press end button to rotate the screen manually. Also a program called "flip it" should work too.
Changing the value in AutoRotation to 0 under HKCU/Software/HTC/HTCSENSOR/GSensor seems to have done the trick. All screens everywhere rotate now.

I left ChangeScreen installed because it allows me to decide which way the screen rotates per app.

I didn't see rotation as an assignable action to hard buttons, but I am happy with the way things are working now. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

is changescreen better then gyrator2?
I may try your reg edit as gyrator2 sometimes turns itself off.

also looking for a way to kill the tv icon. maybe i'll look through the registry and see if i can find anything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio