PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Any guesses or inside info on Imagio graphics/video performance? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88301)

bast525 10-01-2009 05:31 PM

Any guesses or inside info on Imagio graphics/video performance?

So I got a Touch Pro 2 on launch day, but so far I am dissapointed by the still-ongoing graphics issues (though it does perform better than the TP1), and also with the camera, which compared directly to my TP1, takes noticeably worse pics.

I've been strongly considering returning it under the 30 day worry free guarantee, and picking up the Omnia II instead when it launches. Though I would sorely miss the keyboard, the faster proc, built in 8GB (we think?), better camera (first omnia had a GREAT camera), and flash might make it worth it....

Do we have any info or any reason to beleive that the Imagio will have better graphics/video playback performance tha the TP2? As for the camera, if it is the same as the Euro Diamond 2, how good are the pics compared to the TP2? I know it is also 5MP but that means so little these days... and WHY HTC feels like we dont want a flash on our phone is beyond me!

Two such comparable devices.... who's going Omnia and who's going Imagio??

bast525 10-06-2009 06:21 PM

Re: Any guesses or inside info on Imagio graphics/video performance?

anyone?

Now that the phone is out? I have til Oct 15th to keep, exchange or return the TP2... how is the graphics performance on the imagio? how is the camera?

bast525 10-06-2009 07:02 PM

sorry double post

Noir 10-07-2009 09:36 AM

same question
any imagio users in the house?

Veritech_910 10-07-2009 11:36 AM

Mine arrives today but I won't be able to play with it until after I get home from work tonight :( If it hasn't been done by the time I get back online here then I'll post some feedback. As for the camera picture quality I read in a review that it's decent but lacking when compared to a Samsung camera (I know my Omnia took some pretty nice pics).

falkien 10-09-2009 01:08 PM

I have noticed a considerable difference in performance between my TP2 and my Imagio. I think that the main culpret is winmo 6.5. I am waitng to see when 6.5 is out for those phones to find out the problem. Imagio is sluggish.

bast525 10-10-2009 11:40 AM

ugh.... that sucks. But I guess it's no surprise. I'd flashed almost every 6.5 build that had leaked onto my TP1 and never found one I was happy with, they did generally seem sluggish and buggy, but I'd figured an official release would fare better....

Ranger093 10-10-2009 11:42 PM

It's a stock WM 6.5 rom from VERIZON

bast525 10-13-2009 02:28 AM

Meh... the TP2 performs very nicely, actually, on the STOCK ROM. I was pleasantly surprised, considering it is supposed to be the same hardware as the TP1 as far as processor and such. I know it has more RAM, but the way I had my TP1 configured I was never really hurting for RAM anyways.

But seriously I tried a LOT of the leaked WM 6.5 builds, and they all seemed fairly sluggish to me, with TouchFLO or without, so it doesn't surprise me to hear that someone compared the TP2 to Imagio and found the Imagio to be slower.

I would like to hear from more people though and see for those who tried both who preferred the Imagio. I've got two days left on my worry free guarantee!

guru232 10-13-2009 09:01 AM

I have had mine for almost a week now and it feels responsive. I can't comment on its speed in relation to the TP2 (I came from a 6800) but I have no complaints about its speed.