PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA Diamond 2 (Whitestone) passes FCC

Didn't see a thread on it in this forum, so here...

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Veri...le-a_6529.html
Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None...yet
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kyler13 is a n00b
Re: CDMA Diamond 2 (Whitestone) passes FCC

Thanks for posting. I can't believe there's virtually nothing on the Diamond 2 on this forum. I'm actually more interested in this phone compared to the Touch Pro 2 because I don't really need the physical keyboard and I expect this to be a little slimmer. Wasn't a fan of the GSM TP2, but Whitestone looks pretty sweet. Two thumbs up to Verizon for bucking the trend and getting their own design going. =D> Can't wait until this thing hits the stores!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Threadstarter

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

No carriers in the US have this phone yet. The TP2 was released recently on both Telus (although that's canada), and on T-Mobile here in the US. Plus, it's about to be released on both Verizon and Sprint. There really aren't any rumors of when this phone will be released, either. All we know is the FCC approved the Whitestone recently, which we know is going to Verizon, and hopefully sprint, but on another post, I think I have found sprint will be getting the topaz, with the 3.2" screen, not the 3.6 of the Whitestone.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Same here - I'd much rather have a Sprint Diamond2 over a TP2. I have no need for a physical keyboard and they just seem really clunky and huge. I've been waiting patiently for news of a Sprint Diamond2 but it's not looking very good at this point
Old 08-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Same here - I'd much rather have a Sprint Diamond2 over a TP2. I have no need for a physical keyboard and they just seem really clunky and huge.
I agree!!
I want to replace my Vogue with the Diamond 2!!
Come on Sprint!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:10 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Assuming this is really a Whitestone and not a Topaz/D2, that would be very nice news.

Hopefully it will drive Sprint to carry the phone also. This phone could make me switch to Verizon.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

most likely sprint will get the whitestone and not the diamond 2. They may even call it the diamond 2 even though it is not. Since the whitestone had passed the FCC it makes sense for sprint to also adopt it. Also it falls right in line with microsofts 10/6 release of winmo 6.5. I have a feeling verizon will launch first and sprint soon after, kind of like how sprint launched the tp2 first and verizon just after. I am going to keep my fingers crossed because I really dont want the tp2 but might have to settle in nothing else comes out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio