PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 11:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

lwleedy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Used NE2 for iPhone

On Thursday I went to Verizon store with my New Every 2 credit. Told them I've had a Windows Phone since they came out. What phone should I buy and why? I am primarily a “Business” user, I’m on the road 2-3 weeks a month.

I really wanted a phone with a keyboard I miss my TP2. Assurion replaced it with the Imagio, I hate my Imagio, restart it at least once a day and I can't type on that crappy keyboard.

Anyway went through every phone in the place spent an hour with the guy. Didn't like the HTC Trophy or Droid, then played with the iPhone. Told the guy I wanted to play with the phone for a little bit and he left (didn’t try to pressure me at all) came back 15 minutes later and asked if I had any questions.

I then found out my NE2 wasn't good till Friday and since I don’t like to make big decisions like that quickly, it worked out. Spent the rest of the day at the computer reading about the iPhone and talking with people I know who have it. Unlike the Imagio users I couldn’t find an iPhone user who didn’t like their phone.

On Friday I bought an iPhone, black 32GB. It took 4 or 5 hours to transfer my 2,700 songs. It transfers the MP3’s without a problem. You have to convert the WMA songs to the Apple format, iTunes does it using Drag and Drop.

I'm getting used to iTunes, don't really like it but it works. VZ transferred all my contacts without a problem. I didn’t need him to do that as I have MS Exchange.

The 2 things I use the most on my phone are Exchange for email, calendar contacts etc and Audible.com for listening to books.

Exchange setup was the easiest I've ever done.
1. What is your email address?
2. What is your password?
Next thing I knew it was downloading email and it wanted to know if i wanted to replace the contacts with the ones from exchange. Not trusting the transfer at VZ I said yes. I took about 30 minutes.

Audible.com has an iPhone App that is great!!! 10 times better than the Windows one.

So here are my impressions so far:
1. The screen is GREAT really like it, easy to read, pictures look super
2. Camera is a camera
3. Can’t see my schedule on the screen unless I run the calendar program they say that will be fixed in the version OS 5 release due in a couple of months
4. Phone is a phone
5. Keyboard is better than the Imagio keyboard still wish it had the TP2 style
6. SPELLCHECK built in!!!! Works in Text messaging and Email
7. Headphone jack works with my Bose Headphones. It’s not different which surprised me
8. Battery life is better than the Imagio
9. Email is easier to read you get more lines on the preview
10. With my contacts, music and books I’ve used 11 GB so far. Glad I got the 32GB version
11. Wish it had a removable memory card
12. No Tethering without paying for it or Jail breaking the phone my laptop has a VZ card in it and the pricing has dropped. I may get the $20.00 option for the laptop and forget about using tethering. That way I can talk on the phone and send email at the same time.
13. Had to buy all new JUNK, 110 volt charger (wanted 2), USB cables, 3 car phone chargers, Case (got the Otterbox Defender big but protects it.
14. Assurion costs more went ahead and did it I’m hard on my stuff. Damn Gravity, causes all kinds of problems
15. You can only use one computer to “Sync” to. I decided on my laptop since I have it with me all the time. At home I use my desktop but can hook up the laptop if needed. I haven’t had to hook up my laptop to the phone other than the first day. Everything was done over the air.

There is a learning curve, everything is different
Read the Manual
Then read iPhone 4 forums like they have here or
iPhone Forum
ModMyi Forums
Check some of the iPhone websites
Ask other users what tricks they use

Ask other users what Apps they have and really use. I’ve found a lot of people have a LOT of apps but don’t use them. Here is what I have:
Audible.com
Amazon
Amazon Price Check This is scary let’s say you’re at Best Buy and see something you like. All you have to do is scan the barcode click a button and you bought it from Amazon.
Redlaser (scan’s barcodes and gets prices)
World Card Business Card Scanner with OCR
Delta Airlines
Flight Tracker
Weather Channel
Netflix
Radar Scope shows weather radar anywhere in the country
Quick Office Let’s you open, create & edit Word, Excel & PowerPoint files

Guys, it’s been fun, been here since the original Samsung I700, I730, I760, TP2 and the hated Imagio.

Thanks for all the fish

Lenny

Last edited by lwleedy; 06-13-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Used NE2 for iPhone

cool story.

Nokia6110 - RazrV3 -LG8700 ------TP1 ---Imagio -- Tbolt - RazrMaxx
----MotoV710 -LG8600 - XV8600 ------TP2 ----DroidX - Gnex -RazrMaxxHD
(Palm T5, VZW-Xoom,VZW Xyboard)
Old 07-08-2011, 10:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

lwleedy is just getting started
Used NE2 for iPhone 1 Month Update

Coming up on my first month with the phone. Guys, It's great, I really like it. I don't miss the Imagio at all.

I have not had to "reset" it once, on my imagio I had to remove the battery 3 or 4 times a week because it locked up.

I do miss my Touch Pro 2 Keyboard and I don't like having to use iTunes to sync it. There is not an easy way to save a file attached to an email you can do it but it's not as easy.

If you're on the fence make the jump. The iPhone is a lot better.

Lenny
Old 07-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Used NE2 for iPhone

Glad you like it. There is a smart phone for everyone. My favorite thing about iPhone is how it revolutionized the smart phone arena.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio