PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   how to get rid of Exchange account? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141229)

mlevin77 02-24-2011 06:14 AM

how to get rid of Exchange account?

I had an Imagio for a couple of years, using it to sync email over-the-air with an Exchange server. Having moved on to a different phone, I gave my Imagio to my dad. He doesn't have an Exchange account, and will be synchronizing calendar and addressbook with a Mac laptop (using Missing Sync software). I can't seem to delete the Exchange account though: it no longer shows up under accounts in the messages app (Inbox), but when I run Activesync on the Imagio (which is needed to start sync with the laptop - "connect via Bluetooth" from the menu), it appears to be trying to sync with the Exchange server still: it fails to connect saying Attention is Needed, and still has an Exchange account listed; when I try to delete it, it says it can't be deleted because synchronization is in process (even after I reboot the thing). I'd rather not cold-reset it because I have a ton of other useful stuff set up for him. How do I wipe out all traces of the Exchange server sync settings?

Mike

mastergadgets 02-24-2011 09:40 AM

Re: how to get rid of Exchange account?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 2060683)
I had an Imagio for a couple of years, using it to sync email over-the-air with an Exchange server. Having moved on to a different phone, I gave my Imagio to my dad. He doesn't have an Exchange account, and will be synchronizing calendar and addressbook with a Mac laptop (using Missing Sync software). I can't seem to delete the Exchange account though: it no longer shows up under accounts in the messages app (Inbox), but when I run Activesync on the Imagio (which is needed to start sync with the laptop - "connect via Bluetooth" from the menu), it appears to be trying to sync with the Exchange server still: it fails to connect saying Attention is Needed, and still has an Exchange account listed; when I try to delete it, it says it can't be deleted because synchronization is in process (even after I reboot the thing). I'd rather not cold-reset it because I have a ton of other useful stuff set up for him. How do I wipe out all traces of the Exchange server sync settings?

Mike

Disconnect the phone from the computer.
Open ActiveSync.
Go to Menu.
Go to Options.
Select Delete.

mlevin77 02-24-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastergadgets (Post 2060725)
Disconnect the phone from the computer.
Open ActiveSync.
Go to Menu.
Go to Options.
Select Delete.

I'll try it again but I'm pretty sure I tried exactly that. When I try to delete it, it says it can't be deleted because "synchronization is in process" (even after a reboot, when it's clearly not in process) :-(

fwaits 02-25-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 2060729)
I'll try it again but I'm pretty sure I tried exactly that. When I try to delete it, it says it can't be deleted because "synchronization is in process" (even after a reboot, when it's clearly not in process) :-(

Maybe try turning off the data connection or even put it in Flight mode then try. Maybe just the open connection to the network is causing that.

mlevin77 02-25-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwaits (Post 2061286)
Maybe try turning off the data connection or even put it in Flight mode then try. Maybe just the open connection to the network is causing that.

he doesn't even have it activated yet, so no data connection :-( I did find that if I go to the BlueTooth setup, and click on the laptop profile with the activesync symbol next to it, then it connects fine. But it won't do it from the Activesync "connect via bluetooth" menu like it should, I think because I can't figure out how to get rid of that dang Exchange account.