PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

memoriesuntold is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vcast Tv/FloTV app?

Ive searched thru the forums looking for an answer and even tried google but it doesnt seem to be my friend on this one, so here i am

is it possible to put the vcast mobile tv (flo tv) on a custom rom? im using Teya 1.4 and its sooooo much better than the stock but i miss my tv =(

ive tried searching for the answer, ive tried just searching for the app but i dont know where to download it as i cant find it anywhere

thanks in advance
Old 02-03-2011, 05:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic
Lightbulb Re: Vcast Tv/FloTV app?

Here you go! I made these cabs from the OEM packages which is included in the official ROM

I have made it all into separate cabs: Soft reset after installation
- Verizon Media Flo.cab UPDATED 2/7/11-install this one first, this is all the support files etc...

- Verizon MFLO RSSI v1.11.0.0 -TV Notification Icon.cab -This I believe is optional if you want the TV Icon to show up in the task/notification bar, everything should work without it

- Verizon V Cast Video v4.5.2011.0.cab-Optional

- Verizon V Cast Music v2.58.2007.0.cab -Optional

Please let me know if everything works ok....since have not tested these yet (Not sure if I will or not)

Last edited by Relic; 02-07-2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: updated
Old 02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

memoriesuntold is a n00b
Re: Vcast Tv/FloTV app?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Here you go! I made these cabs from the OEM packages which is included in the official ROM

I have made it all into separate cabs:
- Verizon Media Flo.cab -install this one first, this is all the support files etc...

- Verizon MFLO RSSI v1.11.0.0 -TV Notification Icon.cab -This I believe is optional if you want the TV Icon to show up in the task/notification bar, everything should work without it

- Verizon V Cast Video v4.5.2011.0.cab-Optional

- Verizon V Cast Music v2.58.2007.0.cab -Optional

Please let me know if everything works ok....since have not tested these yet (Not sure if I will or not)

install went fine but when i try to run it, it says ClientNoRunTitle?

Last edited by memoriesuntold; 02-03-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Relic, can this app run on custom ROMs or does it need some kind of signed driver that is on the stock Imagio ROMs?
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE
Old 02-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

memoriesuntold is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
Relic, can this app run on custom ROMs or does it need some kind of signed driver that is on the stock Imagio ROMs?
from what i can tell it doesnt run at all =( not even the music or video cabs

tested on Energy and Teya
Old 02-04-2011, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesuntold View Post
install went fine but when i try to run it, it says ClientNoRunTitle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
As far as I believe I included all the files required for the media flo that I have found on the official ROM. Every thing that I put in the Verizon Media Flo.cab was scattered everywhere in the OEM folders, so I might have missed a required component or something.
I'll look over everything tonight and over the weekend. And I'll try it my self on my device. Since my custom ROM is based of the Imagio's original build 21874 will see if that’s a factor (I doubt it tho).

Last edited by Relic; 02-04-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VerizonWireless

gum427 is a n00b

I don't know anything about getting the Flo TV onto custom roms, but if you can I don't think it will be for long. I read and had confirmed by Verizon Wireless that as of Oct or Nov 2010, no new subscribers were being taken and as of March, Flo TV would be shut down (AT&T announced that it had purchased Qualcomm's FCC licenses in the 700 MHz band...Qualcomm being the developers of Flo Tv). Unless something changed and can let me know if it did, looks like Flo Tv is only here for short time more.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

memoriesuntold is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum427 View Post
I don't know anything about getting the Flo TV onto custom roms, but if you can I don't think it will be for long. I read and had confirmed by Verizon Wireless that as of Oct or Nov 2010, no new subscribers were being taken and as of March, Flo TV would be shut down (AT&T announced that it had purchased Qualcomm's FCC licenses in the 700 MHz band...Qualcomm being the developers of Flo Tv). Unless something changed and can let me know if it did, looks like Flo Tv is only here for short time more.
they arent open to any more subscribers, current sub will see no drop or change in their plan. ive been payin for it since the phone first came out so i still have the access to it, just cant find a way to get it on a custom rom lol
Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum427 View Post
I did hear something about that....But thats not the reason its not working the media flo apps should still load.

And I'm sorry that I haven't looked over the media flo cabs yet...I will get to it real soon.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

memoriesuntold is a n00b

no rush Relic, im just glad someone is willing to try and help
ill check back tomorrow as todays my bday so i doubt im sober enough later to check tonight =P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio