PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 w/Energy Dec 13 29XXX * Sense 2019
Carrier: Verizon

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket Calling!

I'm starting this thread for my dad, who got the Imagio on my recommendation (i wanted him to get the TP2, but they arent available anymore at VZ stores). I regret getting him that phone now, but its too late at this point.

He pocket calls all the time. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. He will do something with the phone, then just put it in his shirt pocket and it will somehow make calles. I used S2U2 and set it as the favorite button, so all he had to do was press it and it would lock, but he still forgets to do that sometimes. And I cant just set the 'turn screen off' to 10 seconds because he regularly needs to look at the phone for longer than 10 seconds for whatever reason.

Is there anyway to activate the phone Lock based on the proximity sensor? So when he puts it in his pocket it locks itself. It will poll the proximity sensor every 10 seconds and if it detects something in front of it, it will active the lock.
If there is no such program for touch screen phones that have no dedicated "lock" button, this should definetly be a must.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

madmanmarz is a n00b
Re: Pocket Calling!

Wait so you recently got him an imagio?

buahahha whyyyy
Old 01-26-2011, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
I'm starting this thread for my dad, who got the Imagio on my recommendation (i wanted him to get the TP2, but they arent available anymore at VZ stores). I regret getting him that phone now, but its too late at this point.

He pocket calls all the time. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. He will do something with the phone, then just put it in his shirt pocket and it will somehow make calles. I used S2U2 and set it as the favorite button, so all he had to do was press it and it would lock, but he still forgets to do that sometimes. And I cant just set the 'turn screen off' to 10 seconds because he regularly needs to look at the phone for longer than 10 seconds for whatever reason.

Is there anyway to activate the phone Lock based on the proximity sensor? So when he puts it in his pocket it locks itself. It will poll the proximity sensor every 10 seconds and if it detects something in front of it, it will active the lock.
If there is no such program for touch screen phones that have no dedicated "lock" button, this should definetly be a must.
Well I tell you what I did, I flash a ROM with Sense along with Cookie's home tab2.0. Cookie included a "Proximity" Toggle switch when on you can just cover the sensor and the screen will turn off and lock.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 w/Energy Dec 13 29XXX * Sense 2019
Threadstarter

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: Pocket Calling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanmarz View Post
Wait so you recently got him an imagio?

buahahha whyyyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
Well I tell you what I did, I flash a ROM with Sense along with Cookie's home tab2.0. Cookie included a "Proximity" Toggle switch when on you can just cover the sensor and the screen will turn off and lock.
Madman: Yeah, I know.

Relic: Hmm..thats an idea. I wondered what that did. Hold on a sec...
*tries it on my phone* ...WOOHOO it worked! You are awesome.
My dad doesnt like to change things...so now the question is can I get cookie to look and feel like the verizon home page look? I think I can!
Oh man you are awesome. =D>=D>=D>
Old 01-27-2011, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
Madman: Yeah, I know.

Relic: Hmm..thats an idea. I wondered what that did. Hold on a sec...
*tries it on my phone* ...WOOHOO it worked! You are awesome.
My dad doesnt like to change things...so now the question is can I get cookie to look and feel like the verizon home page look? I think I can!
Oh man you are awesome. =D>=D>=D>
I'm glad it worked for you. Does your Dad's Imagio still have the stock ROM? If so... I never knew that CHT worked with the older Sense/TF3D. Good luck on trying to make it look like the Verizon Stock look
Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

CHT will definitely not work with a stock Imagio as it has Sense 2.0 (CHT requires 2.5). However, HERE is a very light app to use your proximity sensor for screen off. This will also allow you too keep his device stock.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio