PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 05:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

donhuff is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
battery

I remember reading disabling certain functions greatly improves battery life (something about a function similar to GPS). Deos anyone know about this?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker

mpavlansky is a n00b
Re: battery

You can do a few things that will improve the lifespan of your battery. I'll assume that you might not have done any of these yet, and they're all easy.

First, under settings, then under communications, then phone, go to the network tab and set the mode of operation to CDMA only. There aren't GSM towers in the US so if your phone is set to look for them, it's wasting power.

Second, if you've downloaded a registry editor like Total Commander, you can modify HKLM/Drivers/Builtin/Battery and change pollinterval to 40,000 from a default of 5,000.

The third thing you can try is to modify your weather not to do automatic updates. I get mine manually, and while it takes a few seconds to update when I'm curious about temperature, it does save battery life.

A fourth consideration is the amount of time you have set between your e-mail downloads. You can set it to receive manually or to some lengthy span of time like once an hour or once a day. That's too much for me, and I give up some battery life for a download every 15 minutes. You can set the time limit that's right for you.

I don't know what ROM you're running but when I upgraded to 3.04, I eventually did get a small improvement in battery life (though for the first week, it was definitely worse).

I have the opportunity to jump to a Droid X and haven't done so yet due mainly to the awful battery life of the Droid X. My Imagio is a battery life miser compared to the Droid X, although that device is light years ahead of mine in its other abilities. I'm waiting to see what else is coming around the corner before I ditch my Imagio.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

donhuff is a n00b
Re: battery

Thanks for the information!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio