PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Calendar Error Message (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136347)

mpavlansky 11-02-2010 09:03 AM

Calendar Error Message

I'm suddenly getting a message: Calendar An unexpected error has occurred in this program.

The message will now occure any time I need to make a new entry into my calendar.

I just got my 5th replacement Imagio 2 weeks ago, and it's possible that it may somehow be a part of the problem. I haven't been able to get my replacement to connect with my PC via ActiveSync either, and it's been leaving me with a different error message: "Exchange ActiveSync has encountered an error. If this condition persists please contact your exchange administrator. Support Code: 80070018.

I can't find any meaningful help about the code on the web, and while the Verizon tech support people are great, they've thrown in the towel, and have given me 1-800-microsoft as a possible solution.

Any thoughts? My Verizon rep has offered to bring me a Droid X tomorrow. I just need a phone that works.

mpavlansky 11-02-2010 09:14 AM

Re: Calendar Error Message

Re-reading my post, I realized my failure to describe what I've tried so far. I've NEVER had any difficulty getting replacement Imagio's back up and running again. My previous Imagios went back for stuck buttons, stuck headphone condition, and a bad USB/charge connector.

Attempting to eliminate the error messages, I've removed the battery with the phone on, several times. I've soft reset several times. I've hard reset twice and re-installed software and reconfigured all my settings each time. I continue to receive the same error messages.

jmart518 11-02-2010 12:29 PM

It sounds like something you are installing or a configuration you are setting is breaking the calendar. There are two ways of going about this:

First, you can try to uninstall everything you installed and check to see if the calendar starts working again. If it does, than start installing your programs one at a time and test the calendar after every install. This will isolate the problem program.

or

Just hard reset and install your programs one at a time and test the calendar after every install.

I seriously doubt it is your phone or any hardware that would be causing your problem.

Good luck buddy!

mpavlansky 11-03-2010 09:41 AM

Jmart,

Your last message was a challenge for me to give at least one more shot to revive my Imagio, and I appreciate your thoughts. I decided to hard reset, then load every program I wanted on my phone from scratch.

I was just about to try to load everything from my latest SD card backup, when I took a harder look at all my copious notes of previously used Imagios. This latest Imagio had ROM version 3.04.605.7 on it. All my previous Imagios had 1.08.605.11. I think my SD card backup being restored over a newer ROM version was probably the root cause for all my problems. I'd been caught off guard.

I'm shocked to see that Verizon actually shipped a phone with ROM 3.04. According to Verizon tech support, that's not officially sanctioned.

As of last night I'd reloaded all my desired programs from scratch over the web, and as of this morning my phone connected with my desktop and has properly synchronized my contacts, tasks, calendar, and files (I'll try notes later). I'm back in business, and will tell my Verizon rep not to drop by the office with a Droid X just yet.

Say, if you don't mind, what version of a ROM are you running on? Looking at the description you've got by your hardware, I'm not familiar with Teya.

jmart518 11-03-2010 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpavlansky (Post 1986961)
Jmart,

Your last message was a challenge for me to give at least one more shot to revive my Imagio, and I appreciate your thoughts. I decided to hard reset, then load every program I wanted on my phone from scratch.

I was just about to try to load everything from my latest SD card backup, when I took a harder look at all my copious notes of previously used Imagios. This latest Imagio had ROM version 3.04.605.7 on it. All my previous Imagios had 1.08.605.11. I think my SD card backup being restored over a newer ROM version was probably the root cause for all my problems. I'd been caught off guard.

I'm shocked to see that Verizon actually shipped a phone with ROM 3.04. According to Verizon tech support, that's not officially sanctioned.

As of last night I'd reloaded all my desired programs from scratch over the web, and as of this morning my phone connected with my desktop and has properly synchronized my contacts, tasks, calendar, and files (I'll try notes later). I'm back in business, and will tell my Verizon rep not to drop by the office with a Droid X just yet.

Say, if you don't mind, what version of a ROM are you running on? Looking at the description you've got by your hardware, I'm not familiar with Teya.

Awesome, I am glad you got it going again! The 3.04 release was an improvement over 1.08, newer SYS and radio (battery seemed to be better as well).
Restoring a backup of anything more than PIM data will usually cause problems, even if not noticeable at first.
As far as the ROM Teya goes, it is a custom ROM that I am cooking. However, it hasn't been released to the public yet.

mpavlansky 11-03-2010 12:41 PM

So you've created Teya yourself. You're far more talented than I am. When I'm assured that my phone is stable and running normally again, I'm going to begin to experiment with ROM's in another few weeks or so. I'll keep my eyes open for Teya.