PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   HTC IMAGIO for AT&T Internet problems (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136313)

jsand43 11-01-2010 02:52 PM

HTC IMAGIO for AT&T Internet problems

I have for a couple days been trying to figure out why I cannot access my internet on my HTC IMAGIO. Called AT&T but tech support was not able to help me. When I go to Opera applications on my phone I get an error message that says I have a network problem and check my URL to make sure it is correct. Not sure what to do at this point. Can you help me step by step with what it is I need to do to correct this problem?:)

mastergadgets 11-03-2010 10:30 AM

Re: HTC IMAGIO for AT&T Internet problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsand43 (Post 1985509)
I have for a couple days been trying to figure out why I cannot access my internet on my HTC IMAGIO. Called AT&T but tech support was not able to help me. When I go to Opera applications on my phone I get an error message that says I have a network problem and check my URL to make sure it is correct. Not sure what to do at this point. Can you help me step by step with what it is I need to do to correct this problem?:)

I am not familar with AT&T but my understanding is that it is a GSM network. Do you have your imagio set for GSM?

jsand43 11-08-2010 05:33 PM

yes I do. But for some reason when I turn the phone off and turn it back on again I have to put the settings in again. Also, I am receiving text messages but cannot open the attachments. Not sure what to do with this phone.

mhagan_10 05-22-2011 01:18 AM

I have the exact same problem but am getting a box popping up every two seconds it gets very annoying. did u figure out how to get rid of the verizon network and switch it to at&t cuz i cant figure that out

bawaji 05-22-2011 09:41 AM

Have you set up the connections settings under Start > Settings > Connections > Connections? I have not done this with AT&T but when I traveled out of the U.S. and purchased a SIM card in another country, I had to set up a new connection for that carrier and was then able to access the data network without having to reset it every time I started the phone. Your data network may still be set up for Verizon by default.

In the screen that comes up when you select Start > Settings > Connections > Connections, select Advanced, then click on Select Networks, and Select your AT&T setting under the "Programs that automatically connect to the internet should connect using:" selection list. If the setting for AT&T does not exist, you can edit an existing setting or create a new setting. AT&T will have to tell you what needs to be entered in the successive screens.