PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Verizon V-Cast (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=134716)

delecti 10-01-2010 02:44 PM

Verizon V-Cast

Phone flashed with Energy ROM
-user likes it, but does pay the 15$ a month for V-Cast (TV app from Verizon)

Has this been enabled on any ROMs as mature as Energy?
The ROM would need some stock verizon software, VZW i hear..

Can it even work?
Or should this user go back to a factory ROM

Please advise

delecti 10-01-2010 02:52 PM

Re: Verizon V-Cast

I just read a post of Energy's chef requesting an Imagio to get this working.. if the user or EnergyROM chef is still around, did this happen?

Osteo 10-03-2010 09:25 AM

I'm sure your best bet is to post in the Energy Rom thread as this forum is no longer as active as it has been. From what I understand, NRG (the author of the Energy roms) uses and responds to his twitter account so you may want to go that route...

bawaji 10-03-2010 10:06 AM

No, it is not in the current Energy ROM. Personally, I hope it never is in the cooked ROM. It is preferable to have it only as an add on since one of the reasons to get away from the stock ROM is to get rid of all the Verizon blaotware that not everyone uses!

delecti 10-05-2010 11:10 AM

when the CEO of the company u work at wants his v-cast, you find it or flash back to stock ROM.
to bad for him in this case. Who needs to watch TV mobile anyway.

tv rots the brain.

coolpoete 10-05-2010 03:37 PM

some of the Verizon custom apps require a certificate or something similar to it that comes with the stock ROM. I know that VZ Navigator does, I can't say the same for VCAST. This is often times not cooked in most of the custom ROMs I have seen, to Bawaji's point to avoid bloatware. If you can find a CAB for it you may want to try it on a different ROM, perhaps stedysoft fulldeck and see if it will work for you.

bawaji 10-05-2010 07:31 PM

That's true. It may be a good idea to go through all the Imagio ROMs available on this website. The following seem to have a TV symbol in the taskbar which I assume is for VCAST.
Orange ROM (beta only, development stopped)
Drellisdee ROM
MyCleanImagio (links seem to be broken but there is supposed to be a ROM with VCAST)

Other ROMs may have VCAST too but it does not seem to be that obvious from the screens.

mastergadgets 10-06-2010 08:18 AM

There is always the stock ROM.

delecti 10-21-2010 08:44 AM

Yeah he got the stock ROM.
If i was cooking ROMs for this phone i would not include it either.

larry0071 10-23-2010 11:31 PM

I also love Vcast, and just to note, the picture of the TV is not Vcast but is Flow TV. Totally seperate. I tried a few custom ROM files but found them to not have Vcast video and also learned that Vcast was not readily available as an add on .cab file. So being that I do pay for and use Vcast about an hour or more a day at work while on nightshift.... I went back to stock rom. The lack of Vcast video was a deal-breaker to me.