PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio / Titan VX6800
Carrier: Verizon

larry0071 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Uninstall Realplayer Mobile, HELP!

I was watching TV last night and playing on my Imagio and found a mobile version of RealPlayer... so I installed it thinking I'll see what it is/does. What it is, is useless junk and what it does is absolutely nothing... but here is the kicker... it took over the m.Youtube.com player and will not actually play youtube vids. So I am now stuck with no way to view youtube video, and this fellows... is very bad!

I went into the Imagio system folder to the add/remove programs and removed the program and it also is no longer in the list of programs in this area, but yet the player is still there and still has control of youtube.

When it unisnatalled it said that "all parts of program have not been removed, do you wish to remove this from list?" and in my ignorance I hit "REMOVE".

Does anyone know how to get my m.youtube to work again short of doing a hard reset and setting the phone up again?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Uninstall Realplayer Mobile, HELP!

Waaa! None of you phone genius' know how to eradicate a rouge program that is outsmarting the uninstaller app? Please, if you have some top secret method or some way of helping me out.... spread the love! It's been almost a week with no youtube at work.... I am getting desperate! I'm close to doing the hard reset restore thing and being forced to go through the entire reload and set up thing again... I hate that!
Old 09-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
Waaa! None of you phone genius' know how to eradicate a rouge program that is outsmarting the uninstaller app? Please, if you have some top secret method or some way of helping me out.... spread the love! It's been almost a week with no youtube at work.... I am getting desperate! I'm close to doing the hard reset restore thing and being forced to go through the entire reload and set up thing again... I hate that!
More than likely the reason that it didn't completely uninstall is because it or part of it was still running. Here are a couple of methods that you can try:
Option 1) Reinstall the program to get it back into the remove programs list. Install a "real" task manager, ie Dotfred taskmanager or equivalent and kill realplayer and any of its dependencies. Then remove the program.
Option 2) Go to Windows/Startup and make sure that there isn't any left over program starting at boot and taking over.
Option 3) Hard reset, this is actually my favorite! I hard reset a lot, especially when trying new things.

There may be more options, but these are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Is there a sticky with teaching a complete idiot how to load those custom ROM files? And is there a ROM that works great and is not still a work in progress?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Is there a sticky with teaching a complete idiot how to load those custom ROM files? And is there a ROM that works great and is not still a work in progress?
You can check out This Tutorial that Polish guy put together. Also cruise around the upgrades section for the Imagio. Information is kind of spread all across the board.
As far as having an opinion, on the ROMs, I haven't really used any, because I cook and use my own. I am sure they are all good, but all ROMs are a WIP. After all, Windows is still a WIP. I would check them all out and see which one suits you best.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
is there a ROM that works great and is not still a work in progress?
Not exactly, no. When it comes to ROMs the key word is "stability." The most stable ROMs are ROMs are ones without Cookies Home Tab in my opinion. So pretty much any Titanium ROM or basic sense 2.1 or 2.5 ROM seem to be most stable. The more you tinkle around with the ROMs the more you learn about them and figure out what the bugs are and how to deal with them. I put my 2 favs in my signature. Once you find your favorite you don't have to change unless you want whatever new additions have been added. It's best to try and experience for yourself so you'll know what you want.
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio