PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

johncal is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Changed to Omnia 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
The blind leading the blind.

FYI when you call VZW customer service you'll get the good cop / bad cop routine. First they'll seem to placate you and appear willing to oblige then when you think you're satisfied they will transfer your case to tech where you start again at step-1 with the bad cop. You see this is where the decision is actually made and these people are trained to politely beat you down without care or mercy.

Going into the VZW store is a better tactic actually especially if the phones are in stock. The store managers have more wiggle room actually. Still not much but more than calling 611.
Look, You have no idea what's going on. First, the techs only make the decision that your phone needs to be replaced. To say that the techs actually decide what to do about what phone you get is absurd.

Also, store managers do NOT have more wiggle room. Many times they have to call the regional managers to get approval to swap to something different.... and of course, they keep certified like new replacements there all the time. You're dreaming. Fact is you're making things up as you go and it's becoming more and more obvious. However, I'm done responding to this crap because indeed I did get a different phone and have gotten a different type 3 times in the past. You can agrue all you want but it doesn't change the facts.

All I'm doing is telling these guys they DO have a way to get out of their crappy Imagios. They can either try my advice or get nothing as you would lead them to believe.

Last edited by johncal; 10-03-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Changed to Omnia 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncal View Post
Look, You have no idea what's going on. First, the techs only make the decision that your phone needs to be replaced. To say that the techs actually decide what to do about what phone you get is absurd.
Wrong again. You're batting 1.000 in that dept.

Quote:
Also, store managers do NOT have more wiggle room. Many times they have to call the regional managers to get approval to swap to something different.... and of course, they keep certified like new replacements there all the time. You're dreaming. Fact is you're making things up as you go and it's becoming more and more obvious. However, I'm done responding to this crap because indeed I did get a different phone and have gotten a different type 3 times in the past. You can agrue all you want but it doesn't change the facts.
Wrong again. I've seen this first hand.

Quote:
All I'm doing is telling these guys they DO have a way to get out of their crappy Imagios. They can either try my advice or get nothing as you would lead them to believe.
Wrong yet again. Many have tried your "i'm a blind nut and tripped over a nut" method. If what you posted works without paying $ or extending contracts you just got very lucky and someone made a mistake.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio