PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 12:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: DELL Venue
Carrier: AirTel

ncvajja is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
trigger ramdump mode

Once again I turn to fellow WinMo community for help.

This started when I was flashing new Energy ROM. After done flashing, the comp said it was done. But the phone was stuck on the tricolor screen. On the background, gone in a flash was 'page missing'.
Sorry that was all I can make out in that flash second.

But weirdly the phone wouldn't startup. I tried to do a hardreset and it took me to 'TRIGGER RAMDUMP MODE' instead of the hardreset screen.

Any ROM I flash completes on desktop but phone stays in tricolor screen.

Now....I can disconnect the USB cable and do a softreset and it starts. But then when I get a call, I can take the call but can never come out of it. It stays blank after the call and wont respond. I have to soft reset again.....

Please help me fix this.

Thanks in advance

I breathe in seduction and it drips out like sweat
Old 08-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: trigger ramdump mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvajja View Post
Once again I turn to fellow WinMo community for help.

This started when I was flashing new Energy ROM. After done flashing, the comp said it was done. But the phone was stuck on the tricolor screen. On the background, gone in a flash was 'page missing'.
Sorry that was all I can make out in that flash second.

But weirdly the phone wouldn't startup. I tried to do a hardreset and it took me to 'TRIGGER RAMDUMP MODE' instead of the hardreset screen.

Any ROM I flash completes on desktop but phone stays in tricolor screen.

Now....I can disconnect the USB cable and do a softreset and it starts. But then when I get a call, I can take the call but can never come out of it. It stays blank after the call and wont respond. I have to soft reset again.....

Please help me fix this.

Thanks in advance
Have you successfully flashed a rom before? Or is your first attempt at flashing? The only reason I am asking is bc some people didn't know that you have to run the unlocker before you can flash a custom rom. Did you download and run the unlocker?
Old 08-28-2010, 06:24 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishguy View Post
Have you successfully flashed a rom before? Or is your first attempt at flashing? The only reason I am asking is bc some people didn't know that you have to run the unlocker before you can flash a custom rom. Did you download and run the unlocker?
Ohh I've done it a lot of times.

Issue resolved. Thanks to Conflipper and his mysterious friend. Hit me up if u have similar issues
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache,touch pro,omnia i910,imagio
Carrier: vzw

bonsaicommando is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvajja View Post
Ohh I've done it a lot of times.

Issue resolved. Thanks to Conflipper and his mysterious friend. Hit me up if u have similar issues
I never had a prob with ramdump or coming out of bootloader but I get random freezing after a call if i hit a hard key on the phone instead of waitng for the screen to come back on after a call....if you have a fix for that id love to know what it is
Old 08-30-2010, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

I know you'll go into RAM Dump mode if you press and hold [Send] and [End] keys while resetting. So if your trying to hard reset the Imagio, don't forget to hit Volume down along with [Send] and [End] keys.

But as for me I'm still wondering what RAM Dump mode is??
Old 08-31-2010, 02:58 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsaicommando View Post
I never had a prob with ramdump or coming out of bootloader but I get random freezing after a call if i hit a hard key on the phone instead of waitng for the screen to come back on after a call....if you have a fix for that id love to know what it is

I think I do. Came across that too.....

Are you using CPU speed or its variants. I have isolated my similar issue to that. Removing it is more complicated than you imagine.

1)Uninstall the app
2)Remove Micro-sd card and softreset
3)Now the application will still be there. Remove it again. Soft reset and Put card back in.

But one thing I've found is if you have any issues, rather than a hardreset if you can flash back to 1.83 ROM the phone actually came with helps a lot more...........
Old 08-31-2010, 03:02 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
I know you'll go into RAM Dump mode if you press and hold [Send] and [End] keys while resetting. So if your trying to hard reset the Imagio, don't forget to hit Volume down along with [Send] and [End] keys.

But as for me I'm still wondering what RAM Dump mode is??
RAMDUMP mode is one which is activated when the phone detects that the RAM is full on startup and attempts to flush it. Occurs when too many programs ask for dedicated allocation at startup .....

But then again this definition is assuming it works the same way it works on computers...

It can be natural or some induced corrupted scripts....
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio