PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   What is the fastest running rom available? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132251)

buddhatikkigod 08-24-2010 09:14 PM

What is the fastest running rom available?

Hey guys im looking for the fastest most streamlined rom their is for the imagio. Just need to be able to text, take pictures make calls (obviously) maybe surf the internet... i do like the clock with the weather feature but would get rid of it to have a fast running phone because right now this Imagio is PAINFULLY slow

Carla 08-24-2010 11:59 PM

Re: What is the fastest running rom available?

Moved to General Imagio Discussion.

gcianc 08-25-2010 01:30 AM

stock verizon without Sense/TouchFlo or titanium (windows default) enabled. pretty quick. i'm booting to 106mb RAM free with several homepage plugins going.

thepolishguy 08-25-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhatikkigod (Post 1922739)
Hey guys im looking for the fastest most streamlined rom their is for the imagio. Just need to be able to text, take pictures make calls (obviously) maybe surf the internet... i do like the clock with the weather feature but would get rid of it to have a fast running phone because right now this Imagio is PAINFULLY slow

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcianc (Post 1922929)
stock verizon without Sense/TouchFlo or titanium (windows default) enabled. pretty quick. i'm booting to 106mb RAM free with several homepage plugins going.

Stock Verizon w/o Sense/Titanium - I agree. But a custom rom that doesn't even include Sense might be even better. I have access to one that I used for a couple of months but would have to upload it if you are interested.

coolpoete 08-25-2010 01:56 PM

even more specifically a custom ROM that does not include sense 2.5 with cookie home tab. But Energy's sense 2.1 ROMs or Titanium ROMs are great too. The great thing about flashing is that once you're unlocked you get to try 'em all to see which one you like.

bigboy292000 08-27-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolpoete (Post 1923411)
even more specifically a custom ROM that does not include sense 2.5 with cookie home tab. But Energy's sense 2.1 ROMs or Titanium ROMs are great too. The great thing about flashing is that once you're unlocked you get to try 'em all to see which one you like.

On that note, I wish there was another Sense 2.1 ROM out there; seems like Energy is the only one. Not that Energy is bad - but if there is an issue in it - there is no much choice. Oh well.

Toysrme 08-27-2010 10:25 PM

nrgy 2.1 titanium rom is the fastest
id probably say 2.1 maxsense is next afa nice look, useable & fast.

just overclock the phone & install 3d drivers. if it aint fast enough to watch or run anything on winmo @ 710mhz+ frankly youre unrealistic of any smartphone's performance.