PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dropped my imagio...

...and I wrecked the screen. The LCD still works, and the touchscreen as well, but the glass in between is cracked in a spiderweb pattern.

So I know I can kiss my warranty goodbye, but what options do I have now? I'd like to replace the glass panel if possible, but I don't know if I'll have to replace the LCD with it. Does anyone know where I can look for spare parts?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: vz

Patience1 is a n00b
Re: Dropped my imagio...

Try checking here http://www.globaldirectparts.com/HTC.../htc735620.htm Good luck
Old 05-01-2010, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
...and I wrecked the screen. The LCD still works, and the touchscreen as well, but the glass in between is cracked in a spiderweb pattern.

So I know I can kiss my warranty goodbye, but what options do I have now? I'd like to replace the glass panel if possible, but I don't know if I'll have to replace the LCD with it. Does anyone know where I can look for spare parts?
ebay has alot of stuff, most of it comes out of hong kong though

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

There are acouple of them out there. Just Google "IMAGIO DIGITIZER". They are between $80-90 dollars.

Hope you know how to take a phone apart and put it back together again.... and have it work. I've rebuilt 3 phones and they all worked when done but you need the right tools and the aptitude to fix them. If not, find a techy friend.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant galaxy s
Carrier: T-Mobile

argentinito is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

that happen to me too but i have insurance n i only pay $50 n get a new imagio
Old 05-01-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by argentinito View Post
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

that happen to me too but i have insurance n i only pay $50 n get a new imagio
Yes,

For $5 per month it is the best "insurance". All 5 of our phones have it and we've used it many times over the years. It does NOT however officially cover water damage although you might get lucky.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncal View Post
There are acouple of them out there. Just Google "IMAGIO DIGITIZER". They are between $80-90 dollars.

Hope you know how to take a phone apart and put it back together again.... and have it work. I've rebuilt 3 phones and they all worked when done but you need the right tools and the aptitude to fix them. If not, find a techy friend.
Well, to be honest, replacing the digitizer alone is a HUGE pain in the ass. You have to unglue it from the LCD and desolder the connecting points, and then re-glue it, make sure it lines up PERFECTLY with no dust in between, and re-solder the connections.

I know this because I considered this with my girlfriend's touch diamond, but in the end I just sprang for the complete LCD assembly. And I have a good amount of experience working with phones, since I took hers completely apart to switch to an aftermarket white housing.

Global Direct Parts has the whole LCD assembly for $65.04, which isn't too bad surprisingly... I'm probably going to go for it once I get a job again I will be making a disassembly tutorial in the process though, since I can't find one anywhere online.

Also, as for insurance... I'm pretty sure the deductible is $100 now. I never opted for it, but I'd be out 6 months x $8 (or whatever it is) and $100 for the deductible, so ~$150 total just to get a replacement phone. $65 is way cheaper
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
Well, to be honest, replacing the digitizer alone is a HUGE pain in the ass. You have to unglue it from the LCD and desolder the connecting points, and then re-glue it, make sure it lines up PERFECTLY with no dust in between, and re-solder the connections.

I know this because I considered this with my girlfriend's touch diamond, but in the end I just sprang for the complete LCD assembly. And I have a good amount of experience working with phones, since I took hers completely apart to switch to an aftermarket white housing.

Global Direct Parts has the whole LCD assembly for $65.04, which isn't too bad surprisingly... I'm probably going to go for it once I get a job again I will be making a disassembly tutorial in the process though, since I can't find one anywhere online.

Also, as for insurance... I'm pretty sure the deductible is $100 now. I never opted for it, but I'd be out 6 months x $8 (or whatever it is) and $100 for the deductible, so ~$150 total just to get a replacement phone. $65 is way cheaper
The whole assembly is what I was talking about. That's what comes up when you google "digitizer".

Also, the deductable is still $50. I know this because my daughter replaced one of her phones last month. Worth the $5 per month. Don't forget, at $65 you still have to add shipping and hope you don't F___ up your phone when you replace the assembly. If you do, try seeing how much Verizon will help you then.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor

Based on the look of things, it may not be the torture you're expecting. Looking at those pics of the digitizer, it seems that those are solderless connectors, the kind that just slide into a connector. Definitely take some pics of the tear-down!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncal View Post
The whole assembly is what I was talking about. That's what comes up when you google "digitizer".

Also, the deductable is still $50. I know this because my daughter replaced one of her phones last month. Worth the $5 per month. Don't forget, at $65 you still have to add shipping and hope you don't F___ up your phone when you replace the assembly. If you do, try seeing how much Verizon will help you then.
Was her phone a smartphone? I could be wrong, but I remember hearing about a price hike to $100 for smartphones only.

Also, I just found this on ebay for $45 w/ free shipping, I think I might get it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITIZER-LCD-DI...item19bb4a789e

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio