PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   New imagio and g-config (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132144)

jerliz 08-23-2010 11:44 AM

New imagio and g-config

I have a new Imagio. Trying to get BsB G-Config I learned about here, to install/work properly. Then tried to run the G-Config program and get the error that I need a newer version of MS's .Net Compact Framework. Totally ignorant as to whether or not this applies to my phone (Imagio) and whether or not I should have installed the G-sensor software to start with. I need some help, please ... would be deeply appreciative
Jer

jmart518 08-23-2010 11:51 AM

Re: New imagio and g-config

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerliz (Post 1920876)
I have a new Imagio. Trying to get G-Sensor to work properly. Tried to run the G-Config program and get the error that I need a newer version of MS's .Net Compact Framework. Totally ignorant as to whether or not this applies to my phone (Imagio) and whether or not I should have installed the G-sensor software to start with. I need some help, please ... would be deeply appreciative
Jer

If I understand your question right, the software you installed is a GUI to control what the g-sensor controls and what it doesn't. If that is the case, you don't need it, but it is nice to have. Otherwise you need to make the changes in the registry.
As far as new .net framework, I have attached .netCF 3.5 at the bottom of this post. Install to device memory and soft reset.

thepolishguy 08-23-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmart518 (Post 1920883)
If I understand your question right, the software you installed is a GUI to control what the g-sensor controls and what it doesn't. If that is the case, you don't need it, but it is nice to have. Otherwise you need to make the changes in the registry.
As far as new .net framework, I have attached .netCF 3.5 at the bottom of this post. Install to device memory and soft reset.

And to add to Mr.Mart's post - even if you don't decide to use g-config - you still want to install .net 3.5 bc most app are dependant on it and it does not come on the Imagio.

Hey J - I don't think I've seen a .cab for 3.5 before. thanks. This is the one that you use? (Not to hijack the thread-sorry op)

jmart518 08-23-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepolishguy (Post 1920912)
And to add to Mr.Mart's post - even if you don't decide to use g-config - you still want to install .net 3.5 bc most app are dependant on it and it does not come on the Imagio.

Hey J - I don't think I've seen a .cab for 3.5 before. thanks. This is the one that you use? (Not to hijack the thread-sorry op)

The version I posted is 3.5.7 and I used it for a long time, but right now I am testing 3.5.9. There is even a 3.7 out there, but a lot of programs don't like that new of a version.

jerliz 08-23-2010 02:08 PM

Thank you both. New to the "cab" world ... and I see that so much of what goes on phones today is transferred through same. Can either of you, if ever so briefly, describe the process, as in the net-cf 3.5? I assume that I would transfer the file to the phone first. Should it go on the phone or the memory card? Where? Any other directions for this "old man"

Thank you.
Jer

jmart518 08-23-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerliz (Post 1921056)
Thank you both. New to the "cab" world ... and I see that so much of what goes on phones today is transferred through same. Can either of you, if ever so briefly, describe the process, as in the net-cf 3.5? I assume that I would transfer the file to the phone first. Should it go on the phone or the memory card? Where? Any other directions for this "old man"

Thank you.
Jer

Sure thing:

1) Transfer the file to either your phone or the storage card (doesn't really matter where you copy the file to)
2) On your device, use file explorer or equivalent and navigate to where you transferred the file.
3) Open the cab file and it will ask you where you want to install it.
4) Select "Device"
5) Soft reset you phone and you will be good to go

Hope this helps out some!

jerliz 08-23-2010 08:06 PM

Thank you very much. Amazing what a little help/direction will do. Yes, the rotation is now working with every program I select.
Jer

KRUX 08-23-2010 10:32 PM

Can I just say to jmart and thepolish guy that it was really refreshing to read you helping someone and not responding w/ some smart ass remark like "do ur own research". Big ups to you two! Made my fookin day!

dwittmier 08-26-2010 01:27 PM

Just to add to jmart's instructions above, for things like .net, controls, and screen mods it's best to install to the device (step 4). For most general apps however, install to the card. Otherwise your limited device memory will get filled up pretty fast. For the same reason I always initially copy the cab to the card (step 1) regardless of what it is. If you do transfer it to the phone storage you may want to delete the cab after installing it to free up space.