PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   New Imagio user (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129226)

echew 07-20-2010 10:54 AM

New Imagio user

I'm a TP2 transplant to Imagio. I *LOVED* MightyMike and his ROMs and used them religiously. I am looking for a similar CLEAN (no frills) ROM.

So far I've tried Drellisdee and Energy and so far Drellisdee looks close to what I want. Are there any recomendations for a Imagio noob?

Disordered 07-21-2010 11:20 AM

Re: New Imagio user

Have you tried the Energy reference ROM? If you want so basic you lose the HTC interface he's got the Titanium ROMs too.

lafester 07-21-2010 10:51 PM

energy reference is good. he needs to put up a no cookies version though.

Carla 07-22-2010 12:28 AM

Moved to General Imagio Discussion

thepolishguy 07-22-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lafester (Post 1877443)
energy reference is good. he needs to put up a no cookies version though.

+1 for that. Could someone who spends a little more time on the nrg thread make a request. I never post anything there so I don't think my opinion will hold much weight.

It seems logical that if you wanted a "reference" type rom - you would not want CHT. I love CHT - but my device already runs 75%-80% resources without it.

echew 07-22-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maisonpulaski (Post 1877631)
+1 for that. Could someone who spends a little more time on the nrg thread make a request. I never post anything there so I don't think my opinion will hold much weight.

It seems logical that if you wanted a "reference" type rom - you would not want CHT. I love CHT - but my device already runs 75%-80% resources without it.

I got confused with the Energy roms, he states that "Reference" style where Sense is stock, everything is green and only basic apps are cooked in." This would lead me to think its a barebones ROM, but its not. Still has fancy wallpapers and other stuff. Its a nice ROM, but I want less - much less...

What I'm looking for is OOB experience with Manilla 2.5 (latest builds), Bing, Marketplace and My Phone... Thats it... I'll use Sashimi to load my customizations and install the apps I want.

MightyROM had a couple of "clean" ROMs that I used and had XDA_UC which worked well for me.

gcianc 07-22-2010 10:16 PM

Energy was dreadful on my Imagio.

Brutal HARSH on the eyes and a memory PIG.

Stock ROM with tweaks performs best. too bad Imagio didnt' have 512MB ram.

YMMV.

thepolishguy 07-23-2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echew (Post 1877887)
I got confused with the Energy roms, he states that "Reference" style where Sense is stock, everything is green and only basic apps are cooked in." This would lead me to think its a barebones ROM, but its not. Still has fancy wallpapers and other stuff. Its a nice ROM, but I want less - much less...

What I'm looking for is OOB experience with Manilla 2.5 (latest builds), Bing, Marketplace and My Phone... Thats it... I'll use Sashimi to load my customizations and install the apps I want.

MightyROM had a couple of "clean" ROMs that I used and had XDA_UC which worked well for me.

Steve's Imagio Manila is pretty light. He has been working on an update. So keep an eye on his thread. I just flashed NRG's newest 23121 July 21st reference. And it is actually pretty light. No CHT. I boot up using only like 65% resources. that is the best I have got in a while. still have to load my stuff - so I guess that will bring it up.

coolpoete 07-23-2010 09:50 AM

Energy's Sense 2.1 I think it's July 14? is really worth a try. Really fast. It's not sense 2.5 and doesn't have cookie's home tabs but it's a great ROM if you want speed. I'd download it before he pulls it off the server.

echew 07-23-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maisonpulaski (Post 1879246)
Steve's Imagio Manila is pretty light. He has been working on an update. So keep an eye on his thread. I just flashed NRG's newest 23121 July 21st reference. And it is actually pretty light. No CHT. I boot up using only like 65% resources. that is the best I have got in a while. still have to load my stuff - so I guess that will bring it up.

Which reference d/l did you get? I tried one a few weeks ago and it had all kinds of crap that I didnt want...