PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

joemike60 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock the Imagio

I installed this. Love the speed increase, but it's chewing down the battery. Any suggestions?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: droid incredible
Carrier: verizon

bigstorm is a n00b

wow what a difference a lot faster iam runnin it at 710 very stable and fast i tried 748 but locked up froze had to do a hard reset
Old 08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

It seems to run just fine.. nice and fast.... that is until i recieve a call. Once i get ready to hang up the call i get a freeze. I have to soft reset. I have tried this all the way down to 710. Any ideas? Im running aug 10 21911 dinik glass
Old 08-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Lurker

DiceDemon is a n00b

I also just had a freeze after hanging up a call. Still running @ 748
Old 08-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker

mlevin77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
forget all that mess just run SetCpuSpeed-1.0d.cab

set the MHZ to whatever you want. sleep to 604 & polling rate to 100.
itll auto overclock by itself & never crash/sod.
sorry, I'm confused by the several different methods described on this thread. Is the above still considered the safest and easiest way to overclock, or are some of the more complex instructions here better? What's the consensus - what's the best way to do this?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
sorry, I'm confused by the several different methods described on this thread. Is the above still considered the safest and easiest way to overclock, or are some of the more complex instructions here better? What's the consensus - what's the best way to do this?
This fix that Toysrme posted combines the original tweak, cabs it up, puts the .dll's in the correct place and so far has been wonderfully stable for me with the settings of 768MHz, 604 throttled, and 100 for polling. It has one setting higher than 768 but I haven't tried it yet (in the old analog days of overclocking homebuilts by adjusting a dash-pot type of control, yeah, I'm old, I was taught to never top out a slider or dash-pot so I always back off from the max settings).

I'm running EnergyROM with CHT (the early July release as I have no need for anything in the newer releases as the phone is stable and running well).

Of course YMMV but this worked well for me!

p.s. I do soft reset every day, old habit, but it has keep me from locking up and the memory leak with Opera will eat up the available mem in under 2 days with regular use.

Last edited by Osteo; 08-14-2010 at 11:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio

Toysrme is keeping up the good workToysrme is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: Overclock the Imagio

the cab.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteo View Post
This fix that Toysrme posted combines the original tweak, cabs it up, puts the .dll's in the correct place and so far has been wonderfully stable for me with the settings of 768MHz, 604 throttled, and 100 for polling. It has one setting higher than 768 but I haven't tried it yet (in the old analog days of overclocking homebuilts by adjusting a dash-pot type of control, yeah, I'm old, I was taught to never top out a slider or dash-pot so I always back off from the max settings).

I'm running EnergyROM with CHT (the early July release as I have no need for anything in the newer releases as the phone is stable and running well).

Of course YMMV but this worked well for me!

p.s. I do soft reset every day, old habit, but it has keep me from locking up and the memory leak with Opera will eat up the available mem in under 2 days with regular use.
Are you getting a lockup when you hangup a call? everything is smooth for untill i recieve a call. THe call goes through just fine. but when the call ends and i remove from my face the screen stays black and the phone freezes. I have confirmed its a freeze and not just lack of wakin up. When i soft reset i have record of the call that it hung on in my call history,....
Old 08-15-2010, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokudre View Post
Are you getting a lockup when you hangup a call? everything is smooth for untill i recieve a call. THe call goes through just fine. but when the call ends and i remove from my face the screen stays black and the phone freezes. I have confirmed its a freeze and not just lack of wakin up. When i soft reset i have record of the call that it hung on in my call history,....
No lockups here. I'm more of a PDA user than a phone user (more hours a day using the PDA side than the phone side) but I can make and receive calls w/o problems with the above settings. My only resets are my daily 'when I get in the shower I reset my phone' routine to keep the memory clean.

Are you running a ROM other than Energy or have any other dialer software loaded?

Also, remember, that overclocking is very hardware dependent and you may have a chip that can't tolerate the extra speed (when they make chips they usually test them to failure and package them at the speed at which they are stable so your processor may not be able to take the speed increase).
Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteo View Post
No lockups here. I'm more of a PDA user than a phone user (more hours a day using the PDA side than the phone side) but I can make and receive calls w/o problems with the above settings. My only resets are my daily 'when I get in the shower I reset my phone' routine to keep the memory clean.

Are you running a ROM other than Energy or have any other dialer software loaded?

Also, remember, that overclocking is very hardware dependent and you may have a chip that can't tolerate the extra speed (when they make chips they usually test them to failure and package them at the speed at which they are stable so your processor may not be able to take the speed increase).
just using the enery aug 10th dinik glass 21911. It doesnt happen with every call though. I like u use it more for a pda than a phone so it doesnt happen enough tto piss me off. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio