PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

tornshadow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just an update on those problems...

So, I went to Verizon yesterday to confront them AGAIN about all of my imagio problems. They told me that I could replace it again (would be my 4th replacement) or go online and buy a certified pre-owned phone. Well, sobeit I had my girlfriend with me and she complained. A lot. Turns out now they are giving us BOTH an early upgrade on our accounts, and she didn't even ask for one on hers. They said we could have the Droid X. WOOP
Old 07-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

alibby1029 is a n00b
Re: Just an update on those problems...

wow... thats awesome. Too bad I haven't had to get any replacement Imagios cause I'd love to get that deal!
Old 07-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

They are letting you upgrade from your Imagio to the X for free? Or for $200?

And in case there are people interested and did not know - if you have an upgrade any time in 2010 - you can upgrade to any smartphone (X, Incredible, etc) right now. It is a promotion that Verizon is running (but not promoting that well in my opinion).
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 PM
RLM703

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
They are letting you upgrade from your Imagio to the X for free? Or for $200?

And in case there are people interested and did not know - if you have an upgrade any time in 2010 - you can upgrade to any smartphone (X, Incredible, etc) right now. It is a promotion that Verizon is running (but not promoting that well in my opinion).
They allow you to renew/extend your contract early. You loose your current set upgrade date and it is pushed back further depending on your plan (1-2 years). Most people don't know that if you are primary on an account you can upgrade to a new device every year, you just dont get a discount, other than the contract price. You get the new device for the current contract price plus taxes. Hint that you have had to replace your device numerous times and you feel you should be reimbursed for this problem. As an unhappy customer ask (nicely ) for a new device. If they tell you to pay retail price, tell them this is unfair (as it is). They have the ability to offer the deal, you just need to work them into it. Unless you get someone truly nice and honest they will not offer the deal right away.

If your desperate for a new phone and they do not want to offer you this deal as described you should be able to add a line, get the new device (at contract price). You can keep your same number and you wont need to pay the extra $30+ data package on the old device, if you dont want. They can create a dummy ESN for the unused number. All in all you pay the contract price of the new phone, not sure about an activation charge (probably), plus the $10 a month for the new line. Early termination fee will apply as well if you decide later you do not want the additional line any longer. I think thats around 350-375 on our advanced devices??? Interesting since they just lost a class action suite and had to pay back part of the 175 fee to many customers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio