PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: from lame-ass imagio, to incredible incredible!
Carrier: forced to verizon from alltel

bradhtc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just...tired.

ah... my imagio. just like a beautiful woman; great to look at, great to play with, but when you need her most she just sits there and freezes up like a blok of ice. i can't take this lame-ass phone anymore. i was really gonna try the hspl and new roms but from what i read you can only polish a turd so much before you just realize its just a turd. i guess i'll try anyway and sit around waiting for my pretty new rom to load slowly...what a bummer!
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WAY TO GET THIS CRAPOLA PHONE TO WORK RIGHT!!?? i guess i could always just freeball it and turn off touch-no, i mean touch-noflo, dude, whatever. wow.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor
Re: just...tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhtc View Post
ah... my imagio. just like a beautiful woman; great to look at, great to play with, but when you need her most she just sits there and freezes up like a blok of ice. i can't take this lame-ass phone anymore. i was really gonna try the hspl and new roms but from what i read you can only polish a turd so much before you just realize its just a turd. i guess I'll try anyway and sit around waiting for my pretty new rom to load slowly...what a bummer!
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WAY TO GET THIS CRAPOLA PHONE TO WORK RIGHT!!?? i guess i could always just freeball it and turn off touch-no, i mean touch-noflo, dude, whatever. wow.
I feel the exact same way. This phone seemed so promising during its release but soon after buying it could tell it was a piece. So then I figured I would wait until these magical ROMs came about and while they do fix some issues they still don't solve the problem that this phone just sucks. I have tried every ROM out there and all of them have problems. There is no hope for this phone. It is way to slow and Windows Mobile is complete crap.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: from lame-ass imagio, to incredible incredible!
Carrier: forced to verizon from alltel
Threadstarter

bradhtc is a n00b

WM is under-thought and underdone for sure. i really do love the ways that we can customize it thou. just goes to show you that no matter what OS or phone you use, they all have pros, they all have cons. why can't we just for once have something in the wm corner we love work right and build right??!! i really dont want to give up on wm, but i'm afraid that i will be making the move to 'roid next. still cant bring myself to go apple$ and definitely wont go crackberry. my friend has the hd-2 that, device is nice but i just cant do t-mob and it still seems to have some of the same problems as 6.5, like lagging keyboards, cant set your keyboard preference, the usual annoying wm crap. seems like just when they finally get one part right, they go and screw it up again! are they retarded at ms or what?? wtf??
Old 07-07-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

I.Feel.You.

Can't WAIT until fall. I actually may just skip Windows Phone altogether and go Android.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

+1. The Imagio really does SUCK! Then again so do most android devices too!

Sure you can get a lot done with it but you have to baby & tweak it... and it locks up at the most inopportune time. Anyone questioning the WP7 team should use an imagio for a week exclusively and productively (ie. work depends on it, not just running fart apps).

Use an HD2 for 10 minutes and you'll see how much bad press MS/WM6.5 gets due to inferior hardware and lack of RAM. The HD2 has more FREE RAM at bootup than the Imagio has TOTAL addressable RAM. ROTFLMAO.

Total fail by HTC & Verizon.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor

You guys forget that top-notch phones are a moving target. When the Imagio came out in October there were no 1 ghz. Snapdragon processors on the market. The Droid hadn't been released yet, the Nexus One hadn't been released yet. The best Android phone on Verizon was the Droid Eris, which was essentially the same as the Imagio, hardware-wise.

So yes, the Imagio is obsolete now, and in just a couple months the Droid Incredible will be obsolete, and 6-9 months from now the Evo will be obsolete, etc., etc.

I'm not trying to claim that the Imagio isn't flawed, because it is, but it was a legitimately awesome phone in Oct. 2009. In smartphone-time, that was a LONG time ago.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Strykker is a n00b

Sorry to hear you all have been so frustrated with the Imagio. Like anything some will be better than others for whatever reason. I am not one of those ROM switchers and ultra tweakers so I can't speak on that. My phone has been awesome, yes I found cool stuff here and did some minor stuff which more than likey has made my experience more enjoyable so I will just knock on wood and hope it continues.

Phones change seems like everyday, so as long as it keeps making calls and receiving text I'll just hold on to it until the next upgrade date.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled View Post
You guys forget that top-notch phones are a moving target. When the Imagio came out in October there were no 1 ghz. Snapdragon processors on the market. The Droid hadn't been released yet, the Nexus One hadn't been released yet. The best Android phone on Verizon was the Droid Eris, which was essentially the same as the Imagio, hardware-wise.

So yes, the Imagio is obsolete now, and in just a couple months the Droid Incredible will be obsolete, and 6-9 months from now the Evo will be obsolete, etc., etc.

I'm not trying to claim that the Imagio isn't flawed, because it is, but it was a legitimately awesome phone in Oct. 2009. In smartphone-time, that was a LONG time ago.
Honestly, the Imagio has never really been that awesome. ... maybe for about a week. We all just fooled ourselves into thinking it was finally the answer to all of our prayers. Reality is that we've been suffering from the exact same bugs, sluggishness, battery problems, and smart phone envy for the past 8 or so years with Windows.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

im pretty much over this phone.

-buttons jam up
-battery door breaks easily
-slow, slow, slow

titanium is obsolete, sense is slow and overly glamorized. drelissdee's rom makes the phone alot better than it would be otherwise tho.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio

jlh11364 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhtc View Post
ah... my imagio. just like a beautiful woman; great to look at, great to play with, but when you need her most she just sits there and freezes up like a blok of ice. i can't take this lame-ass phone anymore. i was really gonna try the hspl and new roms but from what i read you can only polish a turd so much before you just realize its just a turd. i guess i'll try anyway and sit around waiting for my pretty new rom to load slowly...what a bummer!

Keep trying. I had a vogue before this phone and the Imagio blows it away. It freezes less than my old Razor. Do the hard SPL and try a couple of ROMS. They improve things dramatically.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio