PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

leland_jr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
headphone problem - sound only comes out of right ear

Just recently I started having a problem where sound only comes out the right channel when using headphones. It's very very annoying. Tried different headphones, with and without a microphone. Anyone else experienced this?

Is it HW or SW? Is there a fix (for either)?

I'm running the latest VZW stock. Unfortunately phone no longer in warranty.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Osteo is becoming a great contributor
Re: headphone problem - sound only comes out of right ear

Surely sounds like a HW issue. If you take the 'phones to another device and they work, your headphone jack is probably borked and will need to be serviced / replaced. I've not had a problem on the Imagio but I had the same issue on my XV6800 a couple years ago (different jack; proprietary usb/'phones all in one jack) and got a refurb from VZW...
Old 07-04-2010, 12:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppc geeks
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

02Luis02 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by leland_jr View Post
Just recently I started having a problem where sound only comes out the right channel when using headphones. It's very very annoying. Tried different headphones, with and without a microphone. Anyone else experienced this?

Is it HW or SW? Is there a fix (for either)?

I'm running the latest VZW stock. Unfortunately phone no longer in warranty.
Why isn't it covered under warranty? VZW gives you 1 yr manufacturer warranty and phone hasn't even been out that long. Oh by the way... is HW related. I have had only one replacement and it was due to this issue but it was because I dropped it hehehe.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

leland_jr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Luis02 View Post
Why isn't it covered under warranty? VZW gives you 1 yr manufacturer warranty and phone hasn't even been out that long. Oh by the way... is HW related. I have had only one replacement and it was due to this issue but it was because I dropped it hehehe.
The phone was originally activated on another account - my friend gave it to me when he ditched the world of VZW.

Unfortunately, I have the box, receipt and all original materials but Verizon says that the warranty is only valid for the person who first activates the phone. That's not me He no longer has a VZW account, so I don't think there's any way possible to get warranty service. Going to send him an email to see.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 AM
N00b

Quote:
The phone was originally activated on another account - my friend gave it to me when he ditched the world of VZW.

Unfortunately, I have the box, receipt and all original materials but Verizon says that the warranty is only valid for the person who first activates the phone. That's not me He no longer has a VZW account, so I don't think there's any way possible to get warranty service. Going to send him an email to see.
Do you have insurance on the line? cuz if you do... then the insurance will cover it (you'll have to pay a deductible I think) OR (you're going to like this!!!) you can call HTC and tell'm the problem you're having.. they're going to transfer you to their warranty department (a 3rd party company) and they're gonna tell you to mail them the phone with the receipt and they will fix it for you (I'd that)... that way you can get the phone repaired FOR FREE!!! Go to HTC website to get their number.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

leland_jr is a n00b

Quote:
Do you have insurance on the line? cuz if you do... then the insurance will cover it (you'll have to pay a deductible I think) OR (you're going to like this!!!) you can call HTC and tell'm the problem you're having.. they're going to transfer you to their warranty department (a 3rd party company) and they're gonna tell you to mail them the phone with the receipt and they will fix it for you (I'd that)... that way you can get the phone repaired FOR FREE!!! Go to HTC website to get their number.
Thanks, no insurance. I think it's still cheaper to buy one off craigslist or here than deal with the deductible plus monthly fees. That's my last resort.

I'll give HTC a call - thanks for the tip. I currently don't have a backup phone, so not sure whether I'll be able to do this w/o buying or borrowing a phone. If you've done this before do you know what their turnaround time is like?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 AM
N00b

Quote:
Thanks, no insurance. I think it's still cheaper to buy one off craigslist or here than deal with the deductible plus monthly fees. That's my last resort.

I'll give HTC a call - thanks for the tip. I currently don't have a backup phone, so not sure whether I'll be able to do this w/o buying or borrowing a phone. If you've done this before do you know what their turnaround time is like?
I believe is about 3 weeks but I'm not sure... call'm and they'll let you know.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

leland_jr is a n00b

Quote:
I believe is about 3 weeks but I'm not sure... call'm and they'll let you know.
Thanks will report back when I find out... 3 weeks could be hard. Maybe I can find an Ozone on CL to hold me over in the gap. Or get my friend to go wait at the store for me... That could be the easiest solution.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Tags
headphone, stereo