PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Speculation: 2nd "official" update coming to Imagio? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125804)

coolpoete 06-19-2010 07:11 PM

Speculation: 2nd "official" update coming to Imagio?

Verizon TP2 Gets a second update, do you think this will come to the Imagio as well?

Landlocked 06-19-2010 07:44 PM

Re: Speculation: 2nd "official" update coming to Imagio?

We can only hope. From what a VZW rep told me at a store and another told me from the national customer service center, the Imagio isn't a big hit for VZW, so if true, would certainly affect our chances of a ROM refresh.

drewcam888 06-21-2010 10:04 AM

I doubt the imagio will any further updates

fluidj 06-22-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landlocked (Post 1825183)
We can only hope. From what a VZW rep told me at a store and another told me from the national customer service center, the Imagio isn't a big hit for VZW, so if true, would certainly affect our chances of a ROM refresh.

and it's THEIR fault...

heydr 06-22-2010 02:59 PM

I am almost 100% certain that the imagio will receive no further updates. with practically 3 months until the release of WP7 I am shocked they even released anything for the tp2.

coolpoete 06-22-2010 03:21 PM

I wouldn't be too skeptical just yet. The update is primarily to support Verizon's VZ Nav software so it's entirely possible that it may happen. Plus, Microsoft said they will continue to support 6.5.x OS for some time, so we'll see.

heydr 06-22-2010 03:41 PM

6.5.x is not very prominent amongst the general mass of winmo users, and in MWC they essentially said that they will be exclusively focusing on WP7 from here on out. I cant find a link to it right now, I'll try to dig it up and post it after work.

I hope we do get an update thought, but even if we do get one the custom ROMs here will still blow it away

gcianc 06-22-2010 07:19 PM

i'd wager against any further Imagio updates.

HTC is lazy as well as unable to perform proper ROM updates on all devices. Proof is in well any HTC WM device (and soon android).

how stupid of Verizon to lock up the Imagio as an "exclusive" while passing on iPhone 2 years prior.

ROTFLMAO.

thepolishguy 06-22-2010 11:56 PM

I have been to a couple of the biggest Verizon stores in my area. One doesn't even carry the Imagio in the store and the sales rep said that if someone wants a WinMo device they try to talk them out of it bc 90% of them get returned in the first 30 days (what he said).

The other store had the winmo devices hidden in a little nook so they couldn't even be found - and the rep there gave me the same schpeel - "People don't know how to use them so they bring them back and we loose our commission."

So - no - I don't think the Imagio will get an update. I am actually hoping it gets discontinued :( since I am paying for the total protection insurance. it is a great phone - but sales figures drive accessories and updates.

The Verizon store didn't even have SCREEN PROTECTORS!! for the Imagio!!

jbh00jh 06-23-2010 11:40 AM

The phone is unlocked , you can update the roms rather waiting on VZW . They are too wrapped up in pushing the Android phones now.

brent372 06-23-2010 03:37 PM

I can confirm that there is yet another ROM for the Imagio for interal testing @ VZW. Sadly it is only a new radio. No SenseUI. Doubtful that it will ever make it to the public.

rolandroland 06-24-2010 02:07 PM

Especially since they cut the price, they are probably just trying to dump them now.

brent372 06-24-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolandroland (Post 1834972)
Especially since they cut the price, they are probably just trying to dump them now.

Not only the price drop but they are no longer available on the BestBuy or even on HTC's website for purchase.

coolpoete 06-24-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brent372 (Post 1832723)
I can confirm that there is yet another ROM for the Imagio for interal testing @ VZW. Sadly it is only a new radio. No SenseUI. Doubtful that it will ever make it to the public.

Heck, I'll take a new radio, hopefully it will help with dead spots in my area. I hope someone leaks it.

gcianc 06-25-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolandroland (Post 1834972)

what price cut? maybe you were confused by yesterday's special offer $120 off online but the price is still sky high from verizon.

2 year price is $199.99 1-year price (the only sensible option for a smartphone by the way) is $269.99

the fathom at $149/219 and MORE addressable program RAM is the better buy sadly.

Verizon has screwed up every wm device it's sold to date (except the ozone) & should have had the HD2 last winter