PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
advice for a good audio player program?

I am putting a bunch of audio (mainly MP3) content on my phone: podcasts, audiobooks, music, etc. copied from my computer (a Mac with MediaSync) onto the phone's SD card.

I'm asking for advice on a good media management program. Windows Media Player is driving me nuts; maybe it's just me (I don't understand how it works) but I find it really counterintuitive to group my files and set up play lists the way I want. It also seems to place all sorts of temporary files with enormously-long garbage-looking names (from the Bing/ subfolder) into the list. I want a program that will

1) take a subfolder and treat it as a playlist - if I select it, it plays everything in it, in alphabetical order, one after the other.

2) remember where it was stopped - if I pause and go to the Today screen, when I come back, I should be able to keep playing where I stopped in the playlist.

any ideas? thanks!

Mike
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible

brandonpa is a n00b
Re: advice for a good audio player program?

If you are willing to spend a few bucks on a program I would suggest Pocket player. Aside from the most common formats this also plays .wma files as well as .m4a (itunes) files so that is why i use it primarily. I don't use play lists so I am not sure about your first requirement but as for the second requirement it continues to play without any problems. It still plays when the screen turns off as well as does play videos as well. Highly suggested. It does, however, cost $19.95 but I would definitely recommend it as a great media player for winmo phones.

http://www.conduits.com/products/player/

(no not a spokes person just one who thoroughly enjoys and uses this program a lot)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work

Have a look at Kinoma. They have two versions, a free player and one you pay for. Kinoma is much more than a music player and offers tons of extras. Check out their website.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I like Kinoma as well.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon wireless

jadedame is keeping up the good workjadedame is keeping up the good work

I use Microfi Nitrogen v1.1 ..works great. I love that i can make any folder a playlist without going into the actual software itself. very easy to browse around on the phone too. resume where it stops. the only thing i don't like about it is that you have to click two buttons to move on to the next song. but that's not even an issue really.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio