PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wm6.55 builds 235xx email problem (all ROMs) won't "disconnect" then no start menu

Not sure where to post as it applies to Energy, Drellisdee and MyCleanImagio-235XX. Haven't tried the others and for me MyClean is the preference. But they all seem to share the same core, hence same problem

The windows "Today Screen" I set to only "date" and "messenger". I disable "Sense" and "Windows Default" on Today screen.

What happens - without fail - is after you enter an imap email account and you "fetch" mail the 2nd time outlook mobile won't "disconnect". It says disconnecting... and that persists until you restart the phone. While it's stuck "disconnecting..." the start button (physical button) and start soft menu button (on the bottom left of outlook) fail so you only can toggle back to the windows today screen but START menu is still unavailable.

In short the phone is locked up where you can't launch any new apps.

Any advice appreciated as i'd especially like to stick with 6.55 as it's much more finger friendly. TIA
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences

Last edited by gcianc; 05-28-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: wm6.55 builds 235xx email problem (all ROMs) won't "disconnect" then no start men

I am not sure I am understanding what you are saying? Are you saying that if you flash one of these roms everything works all right until you use your email (send/receive). But then after you try and send/receive email the phone just hangs forever, you soft reset, and all you get is a blank screen. No Sense. No Titanium?

Just trying to verify I am on the same page as you.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: wm6.55 builds 235xx email problem (all ROMs) won't "disconnect" then no start men

sorry for being unclear! I edited the 1st post in hopes someone will point me to an obvious tweak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I am not sure I am understanding what you are saying? Are you saying that if you flash one of these roms everything works all right until you use your email (send/receive). But then after you try and send/receive email the phone just hangs forever
Yes. You can toggle back to start/homepage or jump back to email but the start menu (list of all programs) is unavailable and the emailer is stuck on "disconnecting..."

Quote:
, you soft reset, and all you get is a blank screen. No Sense. No Titanium?
No. After pulling the battery the phone works again. Until I fetch imap email.

I have Sense and Titanium (windows default) disabled in "today screen" as i use Windows old today home. Perhaps people are using only Titanium and Sense where the behavior might be different?

Last edited by gcianc; 05-28-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

I see. Yes I understand you now. But I could not duplicate the problem. I also loved MyCleanImagio - but wanted to try 6.5.x (or 6.5.5) and Adortab himself admits that his 6.5.x is buggy.

So I tried Steve'e Imagio rom. It has been very stable. It doesn't come with any apps though. It comes with the Office Suite and the bare essentials - but you have to have your .cabs ready for the rest.

I did what you said - disabled Sense and Titanium, turned on date and messaging, opened my email (yahoo, gmail and hotmail), hit send/receive, retrieved my emails, no problems.

You can give Steve's rom a try. If you need .cabs I can help you out with a few. Hopefully you have been collecting 'em.

It doesn't come with: Marketplace, MyPhone, Live Search, Bing, Google Maps, Opera 10, Skyfire, Opera Mini - it doesn't come with a lot of apps. The developer decided to let people put what they want on there. Personally I like it that way.

It comes with: Sense 2012 (you don't care about that) Microsoft Office 2010, Internet Explorer, Facebook, Wifi Sharing, and the stuff that is basic to the phone (i.e. a calculator, camera link, video camera link etc)

Anyways... you can give it a try (or not). Of course I can't promise it will work for you. Maybe something else is going haywire on you.

Hope you get it figured out.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Lurker

Dazedust is a n00b

I have also have this problem with the various roms.....my solution which has been working fine for me is to not automatically synce emails.....im currently using june 7 energy rom dinik glass version cookie.....he has an option to send recieve all in the tools section.....i use that and have not have that issue since....i added it to cookies home tab to access it quickly....hope this helps
Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

thanks guys, it's disappointing for sure as 6.5.3 is soooo much easier to use. Too bad noone has ripped apart the official Verizon 6.5.3 build from the LG Fathom
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

mdefran65 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
Not sure where to post as it applies to Energy, Drellisdee and MyCleanImagio-235XX. Haven't tried the others and for me MyClean is the preference. But they all seem to share the same core, hence same problem

The windows "Today Screen" I set to only "date" and "messenger". I disable "Sense" and "Windows Default" on Today screen.

What happens - without fail - is after you enter an imap email account and you "fetch" mail the 2nd time outlook mobile won't "disconnect". It says disconnecting... and that persists until you restart the phone. While it's stuck "disconnecting..." the start button (physical button) and start soft menu button (on the bottom left of outlook) fail so you only can toggle back to the windows today screen but START menu is still unavailable.

In short the phone is locked up where you can't launch any new apps.

Any advice appreciated as i'd especially like to stick with 6.55 as it's much more finger friendly. TIA
Quote:
I am not sure I am understanding what you are saying? Are you saying that if you flash one of these roms everything works all right until you use your email (send/receive). But then after you try and send/receive email the phone just hangs forever, you soft reset, and all you get is a blank screen. No Sense. No Titanium?

Just trying to verify I am on the same page as you.
I am pretty sure all problems we have been seeing has to do with Sense Facebook updates, its very slow when updating I turned off and everything seems to be fine. I'm seeing this in every ROM that I tried.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Is "Sense Facebook updates" running even if you have SenseUI turned off on the phone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio