PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

When my Imagio (stock Verizon ROM) is locked, and a call comes in, it stays locked. This is great because I can answer it with my car's BlueTooth unit and never take the phone out of my pocket and no buttons get accidentally pressed. But, if I initiate a call from the car's BT unit, the phone app comes up and during the call the screen is responsive to presses even though it was locked (although it does go back to the locked state *after* the call is over). This is no good because I've had stuff changed accidentally by my jacket's contact with the screen while it's in a pocket during a BT call.

Does anyone have any idea how to keep it in the locked (screen unresponsive) state when initiating calls by BT? If not, is there any other forum I can ask this on, which (even if it's for a slightly different WM phone) might have a solution?

Mike

Last edited by mlevin77; 06-05-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Lurker

tornshadow is a n00b
Re: how to keep it locked when making a BT call?

I would like to know this as well, because when I'm using my headset I tend to push buttons while the phone is in my pocket.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornshadow View Post
I would like to know this as well, because when I'm using my headset I tend to push buttons while the phone is in my pocket.
someone made a suggestion on the TP2 forum which I think might be just the thing:

http://www.pocketshield.net/

I just tested it. It has a ton of options - looks great. But it doesn't work correctly with BlueTooth: it interprets the connect/hangup buttons on my BT stereo as screen presses (at least that's what I think it does, because it disables them!) and also, oddly, manages to get the ringtone of the incoming call to start playing through the BT stereo (which never happened before).

Mike

Last edited by mlevin77; 06-06-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornshadow View Post
I am using S2U2 and under the settings menu there is a option to lock and turn off backlight when using blue tooth that works well, I have been researching registry to see if this is accomplished with a registry edit because if so I can cab the setting to be used without using S2U2 (for those that choose not to use this application) but for now this is a solution.. One thing... device does momentarily unlocks when asking for verification of action to call but locks and blacks out as soon as you acknowledge action...

Last edited by Wildman; 06-14-2010 at 05:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
device does momentarily unlocks when asking for verification of action to call but locks and blacks out as soon as you acknowledge action...
does "verification" mean that this can't be used to answer the phone without taking it out of your pocket? Does this app allow you to use BT stereos to talk to the Voice Command, not just initiate calls?

thanks!

Mike
Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Lurker

igsolt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
When my Imagio (stock Verizon ROM) is locked, and a call comes in, it stays locked.
For some reason mine gets unlocked on incoming calls.
Do you know which setting controls this behavior?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
does "verification" mean that this can't be used to answer the phone without taking it out of your pocket? Does this app allow you to use BT stereos to talk to the Voice Command, not just initiate calls?

thanks!

Mike
You can answer phone without any issues, Verification is meaning the prompter that shows on your phone when you use voice command. (Example Call "Mr. Smith" and then voice command ask "Call Mr. Smith? and shows contact info on screen), during this time there is a prompter on screen but as soon as you say voice response device locks and screen blacks out.

Now as for using BT stereo to talk, the application does not change what type of connections that the device does, that is determined by the hardware (If phone and BT don't support the stereo profile you can not change that feature)
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio