PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

dimedrol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't Unlock Sim on Imagio

I have a problem unlocking my SIM for GSM? I called Global srvs they gave me 2 numbers to try, both #'s did not work. Also tried one of those unlock services online, the guy sent me an email stating that my IMEI # is not in their database.
I did HardSPL and radio upgrade to latest 2.25. Anyone had the same issue with their SIM unlock?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Can't Unlock Sim on Imagio

I unlocked before I did the HSPL thing but - I also had major problems entering numbers.

The way I did it in the end was - I simply used the first number they gave me but I entered it using the numerical keyboard as opposed to "press and hold until the number is selected". There should be a soft button for dedicated numerical keys - try using that instead.

I know it sounds weird but - until I did that - it would simply not work!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dimedrol is a n00b

bigboy, I used numerical keyboard to input the number, not I am on my 6th try, been almost 2 hours since the 6th input and i still can't use "OK" button, I guess for security reasons its locks for longer duration with each time you use a wrong number.

Wonder if i should try to flash back to OEM radio and rom, not sure how that affects the SIM unlock, i would assume SIM unlock is embedded into HTC and should not be affected by UI input, i might be wrong.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

sim unlock is not effected by locking or custom rom. Call verizon and complain. they should send you a new phone since your can't be unlocked.

Last edited by drewcam888; 05-17-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2
Carrier: Verizon

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimedrol View Post
Also tried one of those unlock services online, the guy sent me an email stating that my IMEI # is not in their database.
What service (link) did you use and did you get your money back?
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE
Old 05-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dimedrol is a n00b

OK guys, got it!!! Verizon rep gave me the wrong number. I used ebay service $15, told the guy to check my IMEI before I am going to pay for it, he checked it said he has it. All done now, and whoever wonders, 7th try to unlock SIM is 42 min wait

Yes, got my refund back from my first unsuccessful try.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Why wouldn't you just call Verizon back and get a new number instead of paying. Why pay when the service is free.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dimedrol is a n00b

There was no way to know that the number was wrong from Verizon rep. And the service that I got from ebay, requires video proof that the unlock code was not valid.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Mr. Chevy

well if the number doesn't work from verizon then it was wrong. Plain and simple the number they give is correct unless the rep give it to you wrong.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2
Carrier: Verizon

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Why wouldn't you just call Verizon back and get a new number instead of paying. Why pay when the service is free.
Yeah, in this guy's case I would have called them back and insisted until I got it to work. In other cases VZW won't release the code unless your acct. is in good standing. For example, in October I didn't pay on time, incurred some late fees, but paid up in full on November 1. On November 15 I call to get the PIN stating that I'm going to travel in December for Christmas. Their reply is "you have to wait 2 full months of your account being in good standing before we release the PIN." I have a legitimate reason to get the PIN versus plenty others that just want to use it on another carrier but I'm penalized EVEN THOUGH my account is paid in full. "Ok, just a minute while I go reschedule Christmas."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio