PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

tornshadow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry, I am moving.

So I have come to the conclusion that I am going to get a Droid. I have had some problems with my Imagio, and although I like it a lot, its just too much to deal with. Some lady at the verizon store SWEARS that my problem is that I left my phone in the sun and it got too hot...but really, come on. My screen is not screwed up because I left it in the sun...IT SITS IN MY POCKET ALL DAY. Ugh. Anyway, it reboots randomly, whether it be on the stock ROM or one of the others (ENERGY was my fav). Anywho, I've been trolling around on Ebay and I've decided to go the other way. I'm sure there will be bigger and better elsewhere later on, but I suppose you gotta be happy with your phone!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Sorry, I am moving.

When you say, "You are getting a Droid." Do you mean you are getting an Android device? or are you getting "The Droid"? Because Verizon just released the Incredible. I have been having quite a discussion about it and it is supposed to be "Incredible".

It has a 1ghz processor which is double that of The Droids (i think). Anyways -just wanted to give you a heads up. Happy shopping.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

not to flame but...

i dont really understand why people post these "goodbye" threads.

i mean, if you are getting a new phone, thats great but it isnt really relevant here. i get it when really active members post that they are giving up the device but idk.

Last edited by heydr; 05-01-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydr View Post
not to flame but...

i dont really understand why people post these "goodbye" threads.

i mean, if you are getting a new phone, thats great but it isnt really relevant here. i get it when really active members post that they are giving up the device but idk.
I'm sure most post "goodbye thread"s for a couple of reasons.

Mine would be......

1. To let people know my overall impression of the phone and why I might have finally had enough. That is their opinion and it IS relavant of a forum that discusses the merits of a phone as well as other subjects.

2. Nothing wrong with saying goodbye to people you have talked to and been social with for a period of time. Many might have helped you.

Yeah, some might be A__holes, but some are genuine. Maybe they don't have anything else better to do. Kind of like both of our opinions!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>>>>Raphael/Touch Pro CDMA>>>>IMAGIO>>>Droid
Carrier: metroPCS

Wtanis is keeping up the good workWtanis is keeping up the good work

Sometimes its nice to say goodbye....I WILL be doing the same if i ever switch. I actually was this close to getting THE DROID yesterday but things fell through. I know compared to the snapdragon its slower but i do think its 600mhz processor is good enough for any phone and plus it is so much cheaper compared to the incredible. Android has constant updates and everything looks the same on it (meaning there are no flashes of an operating system from 10 years ago on a device you bought 7 months ago.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tornshadow is a n00b

Well, I would hope that I am not an *******, I just wanted to let others know about the problems I have had. It turns out I am keeping my Imagio...not because it works fine, but because my girlfriend wont let me spend the money on it. Instead, she says she wants me to save money for some shiny rock...or something like that.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 AM
N00b

paperbag1 is just getting started

If the Imagio is still under warranty, why not try to get it replaced. Constant rebooting should be a valid reasion for an exchange.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

Here's what you do. BTW, the Verizon store employees are 99% useless and I feel sorry for the other 1%. Don't bother with the stores.

Call Verizon customer service and get technical support. Don't call them from your cell phone because they will want you to try some things with the phone while they talk to you.

Do what they say and if at the end of the call the phone still doesn't work, they will send you a replacement the same day. It has a 1 year warranty on it so you will not have any problems.

It's that simple.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

me too, sorry to say that I sold my HTC Imagio and am now an owner of the HTC Incredible. I really love the andoird marketplace, windows mobile marketplace was horrible.

Best of luck to all of you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio