PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-imagio/)
-   -   Sorry, I am moving. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-imagio/119822-sorry-i-am-moving.html)

tornshadow 05-01-2010 04:05 PM

Sorry, I am moving.
 
So I have come to the conclusion that I am going to get a Droid. I have had some problems with my Imagio, and although I like it a lot, its just too much to deal with. Some lady at the verizon store SWEARS that my problem is that I left my phone in the sun and it got too hot...but really, come on. My screen is not screwed up because I left it in the sun...IT SITS IN MY POCKET ALL DAY. Ugh. Anyway, it reboots randomly, whether it be on the stock ROM or one of the others (ENERGY was my fav). Anywho, I've been trolling around on Ebay and I've decided to go the other way. I'm sure there will be bigger and better elsewhere later on, but I suppose you gotta be happy with your phone!

thepolishguy 05-01-2010 10:23 PM

Re: Sorry, I am moving.
 
When you say, "You are getting a Droid." Do you mean you are getting an Android device? or are you getting "The Droid"? Because Verizon just released the Incredible. I have been having quite a discussion about it and it is supposed to be "Incredible".

It has a 1ghz processor which is double that of The Droids (i think). Anyways -just wanted to give you a heads up. Happy shopping.

heydr 05-02-2010 12:04 AM

Re: Sorry, I am moving.
 
not to flame but...

i dont really understand why people post these "goodbye" threads.

i mean, if you are getting a new phone, thats great but it isnt really relevant here. i get it when really active members post that they are giving up the device but idk.

johncal 05-02-2010 12:10 PM

Re: Sorry, I am moving.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by heydr (Post 1730238)
not to flame but...

i dont really understand why people post these "goodbye" threads.

i mean, if you are getting a new phone, thats great but it isnt really relevant here. i get it when really active members post that they are giving up the device but idk.

I'm sure most post "goodbye thread"s for a couple of reasons.

Mine would be......

1. To let people know my overall impression of the phone and why I might have finally had enough. That is their opinion and it IS relavant of a forum that discusses the merits of a phone as well as other subjects.

2. Nothing wrong with saying goodbye to people you have talked to and been social with for a period of time. Many might have helped you.

Yeah, some might be A__holes, but some are genuine. Maybe they don't have anything else better to do. Kind of like both of our opinions!

Wtanis 05-02-2010 02:46 PM

Re: Sorry, I am moving.
 
Sometimes its nice to say goodbye....I WILL be doing the same if i ever switch. I actually was this close to getting THE DROID yesterday but things fell through. I know compared to the snapdragon its slower but i do think its 600mhz processor is good enough for any phone and plus it is so much cheaper compared to the incredible. Android has constant updates and everything looks the same on it (meaning there are no flashes of an operating system from 10 years ago on a device you bought 7 months ago.

tornshadow 05-03-2010 11:32 AM

Re: Sorry, I am moving.
 
Well, I would hope that I am not an *******, I just wanted to let others know about the problems I have had. It turns out I am keeping my Imagio...not because it works fine, but because my girlfriend wont let me spend the money on it. Instead, she says she wants me to save money for some shiny rock...or something like that.

paperbag1 05-03-2010 11:56 AM

Re: Sorry, I am moving.
 
If the Imagio is still under warranty, why not try to get it replaced. Constant rebooting should be a valid reasion for an exchange.

johncal 05-03-2010 01:38 PM

Re: Sorry, I am moving.
 
Here's what you do. BTW, the Verizon store employees are 99% useless and I feel sorry for the other 1%. Don't bother with the stores.

Call Verizon customer service and get technical support. Don't call them from your cell phone because they will want you to try some things with the phone while they talk to you.

Do what they say and if at the end of the call the phone still doesn't work, they will send you a replacement the same day. It has a 1 year warranty on it so you will not have any problems.

It's that simple.

slumpey326 05-03-2010 03:45 PM

Re: Sorry, I am moving.
 
me too, sorry to say that I sold my HTC Imagio and am now an owner of the HTC Incredible. I really love the andoird marketplace, windows mobile marketplace was horrible.

Best of luck to all of you.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0