PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Incredible - incredible let down? Help us decide.

I know -I am not in the android forum. But we all own Imagios and we are 95% Verizon customers so...

I went down to check out the Incredible today. And it was really a let down. I don't know. I guess that the "1ghz snapdragon" processor was hyped so much that maybe it (for me) couldn't live up to it? I mean the phone was nice. It was definitely nice. But i expected it to be blazing fast. I didn't get to do a thorough test. Just fooled around on it for about 1/2 an hour. Mostly on the internet bc I wanted to see how fast it was. My Imagio opened web pages faster. That was really disappointing.

I guess I just expected it to be the saviour of cel phones. No wait -I was expecting it to be incredible -and it was really only average.

But again -not really a fair assessment since I only fooled around with it.

Last edited by thepolishguy; 05-05-2010 at 10:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Re: Incredible - incredible let down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I know -I am not in the android forum. But we all own Imagios and we are 95% Verizon customers so...

I went down to check out the Incredible today. And it was really a let down. I don't know. I guess that the "1ghz snapdragon" processor was hyped so much that maybe it (for me) couldn't live up to it? I mean the phone was nice. It was definitely nice. But i expected it to be blazing fast. I didn't get to do a thorough test. Just fooled around on it for about 1/2 an hour. Mostly on the internet bc I wanted to see how fast it was. My Imagio opened web pages faster. That was really disappointing.

I guess I just expected it to be the saviour of cel phones. No wait -I was expecting it to be incredible -and it was really only average.

But again -not really a fair assessment since I only fooled around with it.
I really didn't expect anything extremely incredible about it, I heard that the processor was actually under-clocked less than advertised for power management but since the processor rates at 1 gig they push the 1gig processor numbers, I haven't verified this but it wouldn't surprise me if this is true. Plus really I don't see the big deal, other than 8 meg camera + reported faster processor what makes it a major over the droid?
I still wished they would have just released a Verizon HD2... Thats my thought..
Old 04-30-2010, 04:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

I think that I am now with you on the Verizon HD2. That would be nice. I thought I hated WinMo -but I think I decided I actually like it.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ Imagio, vx6900

arl16 is becoming a great contributor

Wow - I have to say I disagree. I got the Incredible for my wife - she has no interest in toying/customizing the phone or generally spending the inordinate amount of time I do playing with my Imagio. But she does want a smartphone with a quick and easy way to get cool apps.

So anyway, we have not activated her phone yet, and she's out of town for a long weekend, so I'm just playing with it using WiFi, and I will say, it is definitely "snappy". And webpages load lightning fast - faster than my Imagio. Again, haven't tried it over 3g, but on WiFi, it is fast. The browser is great, the touchscreen responsiveness is fantastic, and the phone is pretty customizable just using Sense.

The only thing I'm afraid she won't like is the keyboard - she's coming from a Blackberry (she had for her old job), so she likes buttons. The speech to text actually seems to work pretty well (and voice search for Google works great and quick), but I even had some trouble editing text when speech to text had errors. May just take some getting used to.

If I didn't want to spend the time I do on my Imagio, I'd definitely consider the Incredible for myself. (She's got 28 days to decide if it's OK for her.) Just my 2 cents...
Old 04-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Let me just make sure everyone knows this - I thought the Incredible was an awesome phone. I was just so excited about it coming out that I expected to much and was let down.

And like I said -you can't judge a phone in 30 minutes of play time.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I wanted to see how fast it was. My Imagio opened web pages faster.
With an imagio running the "nonsense" ROM it's no wonder.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I think that I am now with you on the Verizon HD2. That would be nice. I thought I hated WinMo -but I think I decided I actually like it.
Winmo's got that huge learning curve and once you get past that, it's awesome and hard for me to go back to anything else. +1 for HD2 on verizon, that'd be sweet.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
Winmo's got that huge learning curve and once you get past that, it's awesome and hard for me to go back to anything else. +1 for HD2 on verizon, that'd be sweet.

if the HD2 get's on verizon count me in, as long as it is CDMA/GSM hybrid.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 04-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

The Droid I is great ! It's super fast I have a few apps running and haven't seen any slow down!
Load speed of webpage have nothing to do with speed of the phone! In my area my dried I loads faster then my tp2!
So far the multi touch work great!!

And out the box its very customizable

I feel this is one of 3 top phones available in the issue right now!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 04-30-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

I think if the Incredible didn't have Android on it I might view device differently (Maybe Sense on it could bring more life to the device) In my opinion Windows Mobile is nice but has one major bottleneck, if the carriers stop restricting the devices compatibilities and placing a operating system on a device that meets a minimal performance level. They treat the phones like the do the pcs, place a demanding operating system on a unit that usually has to be tweaked to run it well. Sense runs ok on a 588 mhz processor but put it on a 1 gig processor and it runs the way it was designed.... Smooth.

I really don't get Bill, this is one of reason that so many see Mac on Linux to have better performance. The operating system is placed on a compatible system..

I actual believe if Android works out some of the cross platform issues it has. there is a possibility of it towering Windows in the market. It already handle memory and performs well with minimal footprint traces and resources that microsoft still haven't resolved. Android has Possibilities but their not there yet for me.

Last edited by Wildman; 04-30-2010 at 08:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio