PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Incredible - incredible let down.

You have to realize that a test phone in VZW that has not been set up correctly and has been played with by how many people and has probably has had apps open for days - - - what did you expect.

My browser is faster than my laptop w/w7 . You couldn't compare an Imagio on it's best day with an Incredible . I haven't had a lag , reset or a slow moment with mine since I got it. Set one up correctly and test it. Funny all the credible blogs that reviewed it didn't see it the way you did.
If you read the reviews on ppcgeeks , xda ,and hofo you will read some complaints about the Incredible , I looked over a 100 or so and never read the word slow in describing the OS or Browser.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r

Last edited by jbh00jh; 04-30-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Check out this post at Verizon, not a good start for the Incredible...

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-...ue/td-p/191740
Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I got an Imagio the day they came out. After tweaking it for a month or so it ran OK, but that was about all. It went out this last week so I went to the VZW website to get a contact number to have it replaced by insurance. I saw the Incredible then. My replacement Imagio arrived and when I turned it on I had a stock phone that moved like ice cold molasses. I didn't want to spend a pile of hours doing all the tweaking again so today I bought the Incredible.

From the first time I turned on the Incredible it could run circles and rings around the Imagio. Web pages load many times faster than on the Imagio.

As for the rebooting issue, that's interesting but I live in an area that gets about 3 bars. But the issue is my house, it is a stone house made of limestone and the walls are about 8 inches of solid stone. Its a cellphone killer and I usually get 1 bar in the house. I've had no rebooting issues with the phone at all in the house.

I like my Imagio but getting it to the point where I could live with the WinMO slowdown took a long time and lots of hours of tweaking. The Incredible ran like a champ from the first instant that I turned it on, no tweaking, no removing apps, nothing.

I think WinMo could have been and should have been a great mobile OS but Microsoft sat on their collective asses for years and have done nothing with it. Possibly Win 7 Mobile will fix that but I was tired of waiting.

R
Old 05-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
You have to realize that a test phone in VZW that has not been set up correctly and has been played with by how many people and has probably has had apps open for days - - - what did you expect.

My browser is faster than my laptop w/w7 . You couldn't compare an Imagio on it's best day with an Incredible . I haven't had a lag , reset or a slow moment with mine since I got it. Set one up correctly and test it. Funny all the credible blogs that reviewed it didn't see it the way you did.
If you read the reviews on ppcgeeks , xda ,and hofo you will read some complaints about the Incredible , I looked over a 100 or so and never read the word slow in describing the OS or Browser.
Sorry man -Like I said several times now -this was just my 30 minute experience. & all of your points are good.

1) The phone was awesome. It just wasn't ASawesome as I thought it would be.

2) Not set up correctly. Yes for sure the phone was not set up since it apps were asking me questions about which type of default behavior I would prefer.

3) Apps running for days? Well -it was morning of the launch day. The clerk said they had simply turned the phones on and set them out. So that may not have been a problem.

4) No one said it was slow. Well -my experience with the web browsing was ssssllllllloooooowwwww. It was my experience. Maybe it is not the normal experience. But it was my experience. Did I say that that was my experience?

I am not downing any operating system. I am not one of those crazy "WinMo only" guys. I am not an iPhone hater or a blackberry hater. I like tech stuff. I was just disappointed after so much build up. that's all.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Man , I'm not angry or upset I just feel this should have been posted in the Incredible forum . What if all the Incredible users started posting the shortcomings of the Imagio on the Incredible forum , it would be wtf is this?
Have fun.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Man , I'm not angry or upset I just feel this should have been posted in the Incredible forum . What if all the Incredible users started posting the shortcomings of the Imagio on the Incredible forum , it would be wtf is this?
Have fun.
Well -I kinda thought that the forum was like a mini family. You know, a place to hang out with your bros (and bro-ettes [? i made that word up]). And I wasn't really trying to post super relevant or meaningful information. I was just sharing my experience with some friends of mine. We all own Imagios. Imagio is Verizon exclusive. The Incredible is Verizon exclusive. I figured there is a good chance some people like me and you would be going over "to the dark side of the force".

Just thought I would talk to my friends and get some input from them. Like the input I got from you -was very helpful to dispel one bad 30 minute experience in the store, on a phone that was probably not set up correctly running on 15% battery.

And I am sure that your post helped other's of us to know, the Incredible is pretty incredible after all.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Well -I kinda thought that the forum was like a mini family. You know, a place to hang out with your bros (and bro-ettes [? i made that word up]). And I wasn't really trying to post super relevant or meaningful information. I was just sharing my experience with some friends of mine. We all own Imagios. Imagio is Verizon exclusive. The Incredible is Verizon exclusive. I figured there is a good chance some people like me and you would be going over "to the dark side of the force".

Just thought I would talk to my friends and get some input from them. Like the input I got from you -was very helpful to dispel one bad 30 minute experience in the store, on a phone that was probably not set up correctly running on 15% battery.

And I am sure that your post helped other's of us to know, the Incredible is pretty incredible after all.
When i referred to set up right , the Incredible can run multiple browsers. I downloaded Opera mini 5 android from the droid marketplace and bookmarked the websites I go to. I can tap ppcgeeks.com , be there and load the page in 5-10 seconds which is faster than my laptop.
And there are 50,000 other apps to enjoy when you have the time.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post

This is one of the reasons this post does not need to be on Android forum because this is a simple thought of the device without having all the Android user blowing every statement into a argument. This is a area to express views and opinions and I have learned when something is said in a forum of users with a one sided view it leads to individuals that want to convert you. No one has really bashed android or the Incredible but they are just giving THEIR OPINION.

Also for the record I have seen post on Android forums making opinions of WM that was less than respectful to the operating system. But they was allowed to voice their opinion without issues because everyone on that forum had same views. Everyone is allowed to have their opinion.

I am happy with my Imagio. And still open to change if something catches my eye.

Last edited by Wildman; 05-01-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I have opera mini 5 for windows on my Imagio. And that is what I was comparing my browsing experience to. I was of course using the default browser on the Incredible. Not sure what it is?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

I am running both Imagio and Incredible, both are great phones. Side by side the Increadible will run circles around the Imagio, thats not to say the Imagio is not a great phone. The Increadible is super fast and very stable, just getting used to the OS, this will take some time, since i've always been a Windows guy. But Windows, i feel is limited, can change a few Roms, a few different apps, some customization, etc. been the same for years, even tho i have close to 1000 different programs for windows i've collected over the years. But in reality its the same kinda stuff thats out today. Just for example in the Droid apps there must be 200 or so different clocks you can add, ton of weather apps, calendar apps and the list go's on and on. Personally i think thats the diff. from Droid to Windows, Droid as more apps out now than Windows has ever made in there life time. I still like my Imagio but i think i will like the Incredible much much more. Will have to see in time. Thats my thought on the matter, but its all good.

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio